New Member!
Female 

07-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Yeh I just realised that lol thanks x
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
OP, sorry of this sounds harsh but you've had four months to find a home for this dog and yet there appears to be no offers and now you are in a rush and you are searching random old threads on the forum and offering your dog to any random stranger online who appears to be looking for a malamute

Have you considered handing your dog into a specific breed rescue?

ETA: sorry, that probably came out harsher than I meant. I just don't think googling random people who are looking for a husky/malamute is the best way to find a home for your dog, especially if you are now a bit short on time. By handing your dog into a breed specific rescue, they can vet both your dog and the new owner and find a good match for all involved
Fallen8905
New Member!
Female 

07-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I can take him in may just need to find away that you can get my contact details as we both can't pm
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I agree - a breed specific rescue is definitely the best option for your dog. They vet homes and owners to ensure that the dogs in their care go to Malamute experienced people and are there to offer a lifetime of back-up.

Please don't give your dog to a stranger.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Personally Id never rehome via a forum unless it was to a long standing member who I "knew". Fallen if your looking for a Mal your firsty port of call should really be the dedicated breed rescue's who can assess you properly.
Annie08
New Member!
Female 

21-08-2012, 06:32 AM
I would like to clarify the background of why I posted as you seem to think I just want anyone to have our dog! this was not the case. Parting with a loyal member of the family is hard enough without being judged by people who do not know the time and efforts we have put into finding the perfect home.

We have used various sites to re home our Mally. We vetted most of the people who were interested. We shortlisted those who may be best for our dog. We visted many people. We are in the Midlands and my husband went to Scotland one to vet someone who was interested! We had advice from experienced people for the criteria to look for also we know the type of people that would be good for our Mal. We were in contact with AMCUK and we were both actively searching for the perfect home. Just anywhere would never do!
I was prepared to stay in the country for the sake of our Mal. The breeder could not have him and AMCUK were trying to find him a permanent home. We had lots of people offering him a home but we had strict criteria to match for him. No young kids no cats active people, knowledge of the breed that type of thing.

We started looking in October for a home and it wasnt until the beginning of June until we found the perfect people.
They are amazing he is getting a better life and they devote a lot of time to him (more than we did). They keep in contact with us regularly about his antics! We are glad that we used Dogsey and other re homing sites and if you are vigilant in re homing they are fine and a useful tool.

Remember to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you judge.

We miss our Mal so much but he is so settled and happy - he now lives with a couple who are besotted and devoted to him - so why was spending so much time and effort and using Dogsey such a bad thing and why am I being judged.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3