Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Dog Bed Suggestion

Hi there, I'm looking for a new dog bed for the Tobester. I was hoping someone might be able to suggest where i can buy a reasonalby priced leather/fake leather bed from for him. Or any bed that will not collect all his hairs, must be comfy though (tobesters request!), and also not just the cusion type as he likes to lean on the back.

His hair moults continously so the cotton/fleece just look awful after a very small amoutn of time.

I've found a few leatehr ones, but for the size where he would be nice and comfortable was around £150!

any suggestions welcome thanks
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Plastic dog-bed from Wilkinsons. £12.49. Old single duvet & cover from airing cupboard...free. Et voila...a designer dogbed that is fully washable.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Hi there,' lo I'm looking for a new dog bed for the Tobester. I was hoping someone might be able to suggest where i can buy a reasonalby priced leather/fake leather bed from for him. Or any bed that will not collect all his hairs, must be comfy though (tobesters request!), and also not just the cusion type as he likes to lean on the back.

His hair moults continously so the cotton/fleece just look awful after a very small amoutn of time.

I've found a few leatehr ones, but for the size where he would be nice and comfortable was around £150!

any suggestions welcome thanks
My lot have varying sizes of real leather beds, but they are the slab type bean bags ones, depending on what you stuff it with they can be very squishy so giving something to lean on if required. Mine all came from ebay without the filling and depending on the filling used that can be just as expensive as the bed. They have one huge one which they can all fit on easily, it's about 6' long and 3' wide that cost me £100 for just the cover and the quality of the leather is really good and thick. They have 2 smaller ones about half the size of the huge one and they cost me £155 for the 2, they're more in demand as most people don't have the space for the huge one. Then Frankie has a little leather puffda thing which cost about £12, just the right size for him although the others do try to nick it from time to time but apart from Rio they can't fold themselves up small enough to stay on it.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2009, 01:07 PM
This was where I got mine from, I know they'll accept an offer of £80 for 1 of the 2 seaters plus postage, and Syd can fit on it at full stretch if he curls up, one of the girls sneaks on with him.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/LEATHER-BEANBAGS__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Plastic dog-bed from Wilkinsons. £12.49. Old single duvet & cover from airing cupboard...free. Et voila...a designer dogbed that is fully washable.
Same here Well upstairs they have the fleece soft ones (which as you say, collect hair rather well!) so I decided to get a plain plastic one for downstairs. Stumpy loves it.

I guess the faux leather ones are nicer looking in a front room though.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Kudos beds are fab can stick them on line and wash and dried in minutes last forever but mine love there vet bed on a cushion and washes over and over.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Leon has these Danish design faux leather ones, they are quite expensive, (about £60 for his size) and he has one in the unit and one at home but he adores them and spends hours upside down in them.

The beauty of them is that you can disinfect them every day so that they stay nice and clean, they are also very soft and spongy..in the cold weather I pop a piece of vetbed or similar in the dip, but most days he just lies in it as is. So, although the initial outlay is quite a lot, because they can be washed and kept nice, they out last the ones that have to be put in the washing machine or, if they're too big for that, have to be thrown away once they get too smelly or damp.

We bought them online and the quality is superb, as is the service...if you would like the details of the company we bought them from just let me know