View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2017, 03:09 PM
To me that doesn't sound enough for a puppy to put on weight and grow properly. I suppose it depends on what the food is? Ah well after having collies for over 30 years each one is different. Good Luck though in getting him to eat properly. According to my calculations on looking at the chart I would be feeding at the top end of the weight given 185gms but even that seems not enough to me. Depends on how large his parents were.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by chileanborder View Post
summer here in Chile and with the high temperatures (peak of 30-32 C) he's not hungry at lunch and does not touch the food.
We also have a collie, three and a half - and he can be be picky eater.

If he doesn't eat what he is given then it goes in the fridge in about 15 minutes rather than left out to suit his timing. You might want to do that particularly considering your hot temps - here the high today was 10C/50F.

He is young. No doubt he will mature. Patience!
COBAR5
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2017, 04:48 AM
Pups tummy should not be hard after a feed, to much food

Feed pup what it wants , stop before the tum is hard

That is what has worked well on my dogs over the years.
ianrenton
New Member!
Male 

04-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by chileanborder View Post
Hi all,

First of all, this is my first thread. Glad to join this space.

I have a 6 weeks Border Collie. His name is "Inti". He came home 2 weeks ago, and he is kind of a picky eater, so I'm trying a different brand of dry food, that is working quite well:

LINK: http://www.scorebat.com

I am concerned about the serving size. Inti is 3mo, weights almost 6kg, so accordingly to the feeding table, i should be feeding him 50 grams / day. That does not sound right to me, since the serving size for the former food, PURINA, was close to 150 grams / day.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers!
I had a similar question. 150g should be alright I think
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2