Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
No flea and worm treatment when the dogs don't have fleas are pointless and a waste of money. Probably harmful as well a bit like over vaccination imo
If our dog gets fleas from wherever, and he is daily in environments where others have been, he will no doubt bring them into the house. And my dear wife gets covered up with bites.

The previous owner of our house managed to get the house infested. It took a lot of effort (and cost) to eradicate the pests. We would not want a repeat of that.

Thank you for your expertise - but we will decline on this occasion.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2017, 09:52 PM
Hmm long haired dogs do seem more prone to fleas, mine too walk in environments frequented by other animals yet haven't had a flea in over 10 years.
My expertise as you call it isn't aimed at you but at anyone who reads the thread, so there is nothing to decline.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Hmm long haired dogs do seem more prone to fleas, mine too walk in environments frequented by other animals yet haven't had a flea in over 10 years.
We haven't had ours as long but he has stayed flea free. I hope he remains that way.

My expertise as you call it isn't aimed at you but at anyone who reads the thread, so there is nothing to decline.
Fairy 'nuff but it was addressed to me. How would you take that?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-12-2017, 10:28 PM
It was not addressed to you, so I guess how you take it is entirely up to you.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2017, 10:55 PM
It was not addressed to you...........
But directly followed my post and specifically referred to the matter being discussed. But I'm sure you think you were correct - as usual.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
But directly followed my post and specifically referred to the matter being discussed. But I'm sure you think you were correct - as usual.
Yes it followed your post and yes it referred to the matter being discussed but I wasn't quoting you and it's not an exclusive discussion, anyone else can post at any time but it doesn't mean they are speaking directly to either of us. This post is aimed at you as I quoted you.
Yeah and you obviously think you're right when you're just being pedantic.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Yes it followed your post and yes it referred to the matter being discussed but I wasn't quoting you and it's not an exclusive discussion, anyone else can post at any time but it doesn't mean they are speaking directly to either of us. This post is aimed at you as I quoted you.
Yeah and you obviously think you're right when you're just being pedantic.
And you exude charm. Sleep well.
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2017, 12:36 PM
You could same about the flea drops. I don't want him to get infected with fleas from any other animal.
I also treat my dogs with Heartgard plus and Nexgard. Not all year but defiantly in the spring and summer. Its better to prevent flea, ticks, and heartworm then it is to treat them. IMO. Fleas infest both our animals and homes very quickly and can cause our dogs to be anemic and us a lot of discomfort. Ticks can carry Lyme disease and other diseases that effect both us and our dogs causing serious illness and possibly death. Heartworms untreated will kill our dogs and the treatment is lengthy and involves poisoning them. Considering that my dogs are at risk of a flea, tick, or mosquito biting them every time they go outside and contracting a life threatening disease I feel preventive measures a must.

I agree socialization doesn't have to be done in a class. I for one socialized my girl with friends and family's dogs only til she had all her puppy shots. Every dog all different ages and breeds i knew were vaccinated, and friendly. I didn't take her anywhere i knew to be frequented by a lot of dogs, or around any dogs i didn't trust. For one i didn't want to risk her health, and two only wanted her to have positive experiences during early socialization. She just got her rabies shot last Wed. I live in Illinois and the law requires we vaccinate yearly for rabies and they have to be vaccinated by 4 months. Now I can safely enroll her in group obedience classes and take her to the parks, and shopping at PET Smart, continuing with her socialization.
Although we disagree I respect and understand your decision to not vaccinate your pup. Its your right as well as mine to weigh the risks and make a decision. If you can't find a class or trainer who allows unvaccinated dogs to join find others in your area who make the same choice as you and make play dates with there dogs. Early socialization is very important.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-12-2017, 03:07 AM
No flea and worm treatment when the dogs don't have fleas.
So you wait until they do?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

25-12-2017, 08:02 PM
So you wait until they do?
I hate repeating myself but I've already said mine haven't had fleas or worms so why would I treat what they haven't had. Do stop quoting me for no apparent reason.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >