Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2015, 09:17 AM

Security threats on scan

I use Norton 360 Internet Security and when I am doing the scan it goes upto about 30 security threats which the scan also resolves at the same time but is this normal to have so many security threats on it? I use Firefox browser, it also did it on Internet Explorer. It does it everytime I do a scan.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2015, 09:47 AM
I get gazillions of security threats. I allow tons of cookies for convenience and there are always tons of tracking cookies. I block ads with ad block plus and have good security otherwise, and though they are considered security threats, tracking cookies are virtually harmless.

Btw, I'd avoid Norton. It really sucks. Overpriced, too. I'm on A vast with malwarebytes and super anti spyware. Also have ghostery and a few others. I'm a chrome user, Firefox updates too much for me and is a ton slower.

If you're getting viruses and Trojans (win32) in scans, then you've got a security gap somewhere or you've picked up something nasty that your AV cannot remove. I once got the wicked mywebsearch adware and it replicated like a virus and only a total system restore saved my computer.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Thanks for your reply mjfromga, you've put my mind at rest with your reply. They are only low classed threats. I know now not to be worried by them. Thanks again