Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Dailly Thread, Sunday. 21st January

Hello everyone, think the system has been down for a while.
Think I am overdoing using my feet but Steve Keeps nagging me to keep going. Trouble is it just makes them hurt more.

Hope everyone is ok and all our four legged friends too.

Enjoy the rest of your day, God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Hi Moyra and all who follow.

Don't give in to Steve's nagging. Nobody knows your body like you do and you will instinctively know when to rest and when to push to and beyond the limit.

My Brother in Law is a devil for the push, push, push. Unfortunately, I gave in to his advice after an operation 2 or 3 years ago on my foot. The result was the stitches burst and put back recovery by at least a couple of weeks.

We beat the weather again this morning, but by heck it was cold. A few snow flurries since we got back but now't to talk about.

Having problems at the moment getting Rosie's food. For three meals we're fine as she has Wafcol which is easy to get hold of. However for the fourth meal she has Butchers Beef and Liver. Initially, Tesco stopped selling it, but we found it in Poundstretcher so that was OK. However, Poundstretcher haven't had any new stocks in since the middle of November and I can't find the damned stuff anywhere. Unfortunately, the multipacks (that you can get anywhere) all have chicken in them, but I'm thinking that I'm going to have to go down that route and give the chicken ones away within the next week or so
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2018, 02:49 PM
http://www.thepetexpress.co.uk/wet-d...yABEgK7tvD_BwE

http://www.butcherspetcare.co.uk/stockists/

Poundland do it are they different to poundstretcher up your way?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2018, 03:32 PM
We do have a poundland so I'll have a look.

I emailed Butchers. Even offered to buy direct in bulk but they couldn't help. I've 'phoned around all the local stockists, but they nearly all do the mixed tins or just the tripe.

She only has one can every three days (ie I split it over three meals once a day), so not too much of a big deal if I have to chuck the chicken or give it away, but I much prefer to buy what we need rather than waste it.

Hopefully, Poundstretcher will eventually restock and we'll get one variety pack to keep us going.

Thanks for the links
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Just looked at the Pet Express link and, to be honest, with the cost of the tins plus the delivery charge, it's cheaper to throw/give away the chicken .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Good evening everyone.
Sorry haven't been around much busy with Gorden being home and Beth and Paul got a new puppy black lab called Betty and Bun absolutely loves her and the change in her is phenomenal.

Went over to see Gill yesterday she is doing ok but still no stairlift and she needs a ramp from the front door so they can get the wheelchair out.
Peger is harassing the council tomorrow and if no joy I am emailing their local MP. It has all got beyond a joke now.

We popped out today to look at an area with a house we liked up for sale. Snowing and the rods were clear when we left but by the time we got to this location it had started to settle Goren on the way back took a left turn over a bridge and the car just went on the snow and slush.
Well we though we were going to end up in the field which would of been preferable then it went the other way and we nearly ended up in a steep baked dyke.
Thank goodness for him being an experienced driver and knowing how to drive into a skid or two. The car behind must of been very thankful that we showed there was a problem there.
So that's one off our list to far out and no way do I want to live there if we have weather like today.

Mpyra please do not listen to Steve your body is telling you how much you can manage and not to overdo it.
Chris hope you get the food sorted.
Harvey hope Casey and Lara are doing ok.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Just looked at the Pet Express link and, to be honest, with the cost of the tins plus the delivery charge, it's cheaper to throw/give away the chicken .
Tried your local butcher?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Snowed here for a few hours but dog + raincoat gets him by
I wear my rain resistant trilby. We make a handsome pair...........

Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Glad Dogsey is back
We played in the snow today, luckily didn’t loose the ball this year
It’s been raining late this afternoon. But still snow about. Hopefully be gone by the time Mum gets here Thursday
Been busy sorting the bedroom, decorating it. Will put the bed back in, & get some new pillows for it. I want a new light shade then that’s it, be nice for Mum then also when a Liam & Sarah come to stay it be a nice & clean room again. Our bedroom next
Lynn glad you discovered what it be down in that area before you buy a house there. Can’t believe that Gill is still waiting for the things she needs
Moyra I agree with the others don’t listen to Steve, only you know how much you can do
Besoeker lovely pic of Max in his coat
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2018, 11:07 PM
'evening all
Moyra, don't listen to Steve, take as much rest as you need
Besoeker - Our butcher does bulk supplies also.
Mandy - One bedroom done, one to go
Lynn - Yes I know what those roads over the dykes are like, they often seem to have a double bend as you go up and over the water. Many years ago a friend went in Look for houses in more 'normal' areas Glad you are both OK. Also very pleased Gill is making progress but some one needs a kick up the back side over the delays to services.

Yes, has been snowing here as well. I took Casey for a short walk just down the road and onto the village green. Lara didn't want to go

Best wishes to all, hope we get better weather soon