Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Canine Bio Mechanics Seminar

Well today I spent a really interesting day at the above hosted by Karen Napthine with Tony Nevin an osteopath.

We went through the whole bio mechanical model of the dog, learned what happens during an osteopathic assessment and treatment.

Did a practical where those of us who had dogs with us were able to be observed by those present to identify anomalies in movement.

We then went through all the different causes of problems, and then another practical where we tried to palpate the dogs as an osteopath would.

It was an excellent day.

If you get the chance to see him in action, take it.

http://zooost.com/aboutus.htm
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Do you know SB, I often think about(n don't mean any offence at all in any way), that the least innovations/aids/gadgets the better, because there was a time when there were none and being able and actually feel in both physical and mental state was understood more. Am glad you had a good day.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Do you know SB, I often think about(n don't mean any offence at all in any way), that the least innovations/aids/gadgets the better, because there was a time when there were none and being able and actually feel in both physical and mental state was understood more. Am glad you had a good day.
Thanks but I am a bit puzzled by your post.

What gadgets do you mean? As the seminar was not about gadgets..................
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Sorry, I know wasn't about gadgets, was trying to say that do appreciate people with dogs(animals) have ways and understanding that have worked well long before all the gadgets and such came along. Is good that people know and understand that treating as a whole matters.