Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:06 AM

I have had it with builders (pics)

I have just had a phone call from my builders saying they cant make it today but will be here monday, i am so annoyed that I could choke them to death

Here is how they have left my house, my front room (the chimney looks like its about to collapse)

My garden

These are not all of them I would be here all day, my kitchen is unusable

I am so mad, heres one of zuki getting in the way of the camera

Thanks for looking, rant over
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Do they realise what a state things have been left in? If not they should be made aware and should come and sort it out - they can't leave you like that for 3 days.
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:11 AM
I know how you feel, we got an extention put on our house last year.

It felt like the buuilders just came to wreck the place for the first week and then only came back when they felt like it (think they had a few other jobs on the go at the same time).

Its when they start mixing cement in your shed and using your duvet to nail over a doorway to stop the dust coming into the house that you really start to get totally furious!!

Also there is only so much salad and toast you can eat!!
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Here is the kitchen

This was where my sink was, I have a new one waiting to go in, but the person doing that cant until the builders have finished

This is what the floor is like, in the kitchen full of their tools, not mine i dont own any!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I have my new puppy coming home sunday, this was all supposed to be finished this week! now they are saying end of next week!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:21 AM
know how you feel. we have had major work done on the house this year (that isnt finished) and i could kill if i see another builder
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Trish
Do they realise what a state things have been left in? If not they should be made aware and should come and sort it out - they can't leave you like that for 3 days.
Oh they know alright, they are just bloody lazy! I have told them the longer it goes on the less inclinded I will be to pay them, have also been trying to find other builders who will finish the job, my house has been like this for 3 weeks or more, I have had to move back in because it was costing us a fortune to stay away!, poor Zuki is in season so cant go for a walk and cant run round her own garden!! I have been trying to play with her in the house, but i have been finding bits of wood with nails sticking out and all sorts. I fell like crying my poor pup, gonna spend the next couple of days moving all their crap from my kitchen to the end of the garden, and trying to get some normality in my home.

I dont know what to do really, luckily i have a great neighbour who has been having zuki on occassion so she is able to have a run around and has even offered to have the new puppy also whilst the builders are here. I seriously am going to kill the builders when they come here
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Why not tell them that for every day they keep you waiting you will knock £50 off the price - that might gee them up a bit!!!
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Or what about saying you are going to sell all their tools & equipment!!

That might get them round pronto - then you could kidnapp them and only let them go once they've finished the job
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Told them they are not getting paid if my house does not look reasonable by sunday night, they are going to see what they can do I wont be holding my breath and so am now looking into learning how to build a brick wall To be honest I want to fire them but am worried that I will not learn the few things i need to do the job myself, sounds rediculous I know but have not long finished a plastering course and so I am pretty confident that if I know how to do it I will be able to

Things they have started but not finished, removing two walls, building a brick wall around my garden, rendering the wall, laying patio oh and chimney which they broke by accident removing the back boiler. All seems relitively easy

Going to surf the net and find some how to.... websites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Good for you for being so positive Donna. Kick those builder's asses!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >