View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Hollie some of our food occassionally, a treat is nice for anyone, dog or human!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 08:03 PM
My lot get the leftovers put on thier meals and sausages etc etc. No problem!
muttsrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2006, 08:36 AM
i can always remember my granda telling me during the war the dogs got what they could when they could and it was mostly humane food, he never believed in feeding his dogs tinned dog food, or dry from the bags. he gave his dogs what he had and even made up this horrible broth for them can still remember how it used to smell when we walked in and it was bubbling away on the aga, he said if i ain't gonna eat it girl damn sure my dogs will not as well.
carol
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Roxy doesn't generally get Human food, purely for the fact I dont like dogs begging. I will buy chicken for her, but it is used for training.

I have given her rice once when she was unwell. To be perfectly honest, with my OH around, there are never any leftovers
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Mitzi Never ever had Dogs food,would not touch it. She died at 19 with all her teeth and never ever had weight problem.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 02:23 PM
my dogs don't get 'dog food', they are not spoiled!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Nothing wrong with it at all in my opinion.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Well Zuki gets allsorts of human food she even occassionally has breakfast with goats milk, loves her weetabix , and when my partner and I have take away Zuki has an organic vegetable stew type thing mixed with a bit of her dry food. Unless we have KFC, then she has crispy strips and usually half of what we've got aswell Sibes as a breed tend not to over eat though so she will not eat it if she isn't hungry so we dont get the weight problem, that reminds me we gave her a whole steak once, and I found the half she couldn't eat tucked down the side of the sofa a few days later :smt078
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 05:00 PM
mine have to odd bit ..never much leftovers to give

but what makes me wonder is do they really taste it ???
one gulp no chew and its down
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Your dog doesn't know that this food is intended for human consumption. I feed my dog good quality 'human' raw and cooked meat, eggs, fish, veg, fruit, meaty bones, some oats and rice etc. as a large part of his staple diet. I also home make his treats, eg boiled and baked chicken, sardine cake. This way I am certain he isn't getting any nasty additives from 'pet foods'.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >