Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Dogs do fine without them, and they are risky. They have killed dogs. Also, it is expensive to cut a dog open to remove a blockage.
Here speaks the man who keeps a pup confined to a crate with no bedding on a metal rack, with no water for 50% of the time, no treats or chews and chained up to stop them making a mess. Death by dog chew sounds almost attractive!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Mine have had rawhide, pigs ears, paddywack, tripe sticks, etc., as soon as their adult teeth have come in.

I supervise them and generally take them away after an hour or so and have never had any problems.
yeah, i used to do the same with jake when he had rawhide. it would get taken away when it got to the disgusting soggy stage...

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Codee is 17 weeks and has tripe sticks and had her first pigs ear the other day, she loves them!!
lol, im sure puppy bites are tripe sticks and jake loves them, yet to give him a big one though lol. he had his first pigs ear and certainly looked to be enjoying it!

Dogs do fine without them, and they are risky. They have killed dogs. Also, it is expensive to cut a dog open to remove a blockage.
when i read the email of your post, i knew it was you who wrote it before i looked...

Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Here is Ollie, a wrinkled 12 week pup with a tripe stick! And yes they stink, but hey, ho...

aw, that pic is soooo cute!! he is gorgeous!

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Kibble has killed dogs too. Any food/any thing can kill dogs!!!

Lozibear, as long as you are aware of what your dog is like with them, he will be fine!!! Jess has never got tripe sticks, pigs ears, bones, rawhide, paddywhack etc etc stuck and she has been fine with them, so don't get worried until there becomes something to be worried about (which probs won't happen anyway).
thanks, jake is generally very careful. he is a massive chewer, but he never swallows toys etc. he always chews and spits them out, him swallowing them was something that worried me but he never does it. so i think he will be good with pigs ears. and the one he just had, he certainly enjoyed!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Mmm well alot of things can kill a dog, even kibble or dog food if they choke or bloat If the dog/pup is supervised (which I always do ) they should be fine... My pup eats raw chicken wings and I suppose that is even more risky!!
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Sam loves pigs ears i have never tried tripe sticks as i have to be carefull with his rubbish digestive system, pigs ears he seems fine with!

i have never heard of the rawhide issue though...could someone update me plleeaassee???!!
xxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Here speaks the man who keeps a pup confined to a crate with no bedding on a metal rack, with no water for 50% of the time, no treats or chews and chained up to stop them making a mess. Death by dog chew sounds almost attractive!
well said! with the treatment his pups get, you would think he would at least give them something they enjoy even with the small risk of choking, its the least they deserve. he seems to have a thing about choking, ive even read him telling someone to not give their pup bedding incase they choke on that...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by gsdgirl:-) View Post
Sam loves pigs ears i have never tried tripe sticks as i have to be carefull with his rubbish digestive system, pigs ears he seems fine with!

i have never heard of the rawhide issue though...could someone update me plleeaassee???!!
xxx
ive never had a problem with jake and rawhide but lots of dogs can choke on them when it gets to the soggy stage
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:11 PM

hmmm i'd have thought it more risky to keep a dog crated on wire mesh for most of the day with no water, no bedding, no toys etc, and where its likely to end up with splayed paws from the wire mesh and possible muscle wastage from being kept crated in cruelty than a dog eating a tripe stick!
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
ive never had a problem with jake and rawhide but lots of dogs can choke on them when it gets to the soggy stage
Thank you xx
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Here is Ollie, a wrinkled 12 week pup with a tripe stick! And yes they stink, but hey, ho...

They dont just stink, they reaaaaaak!!! lol
But the dogs love em so we all put up with it!
Great pic, stunning pup!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
They dont just stink, they reaaaaaak!!! lol
But the dogs love em so we all put up with it!
Great pic, stunning pup!

Awwwwww thanks! He's all grown up now and mahuuusive but still loves stinky tripe sticks!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >