Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2005, 12:56 PM

Getting used to collar

Hi all, Archie has been getting used to his new collar. I normally put it on him when he's about to have lunch, or give him a smear of peanut butter which keeps him busy while i put it on

He normally ignores it until he remembers it's there, and then starts scratching at it until you distract him!

I have been working the amount of time he wears it up from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours now. He even slept with it on the other day, and woke up not realising it was there for a while, but then he remembered...

Shall I just leave it on him now that he can wear it for that amount of time? Will he eventually forget about it?

Emm
Dogsey Veteran

25-03-2005, 01:08 PM
I just left the collar on my dogs when they were pups they got used to it really fast - but don't leave it on him when you are not around because a collar is a choking hazard

Great pics - I love seeing them
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2005, 01:25 PM
ahh it took me agesss to get indie used to her collar. She went without a collar for a couple of weeks, then at 9 weeks i just left it on and made her get used to it! lol.

but after a few recent strangelling incidents she isnt allowed to wear her collar indoors anymore
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2005, 09:16 PM
max was fine after a few days of wearing it all the time we were with him but as mentioned we always took it off if we were leaving him
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Oh yeah I read that thread about Indie getting stuck cos of her collar

How scary... I'll make sure to remove Archie's before I leave him alone.

Just a little update, Archie wore his collar all afternoon yesterday, I only took it off when he went to sleep for the evening, and this morning at breakfast I put it back on again! He's not that fussed about it now but he still halfheartedly scratches it sometimes! poor puppy