View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moo_Gsdlover
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2013, 07:38 PM

How much are people on average spending on raw food each month?

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I'm particularly interested in learning as much as I can about raw feeding. We have a gorgeous ten month GSD and she started to have very dry and flaky skin on her rear and then losing some fur. After researching we decided raw feeding may help and amazingly it has. We are amazed, she is thriving and she cannot wait for each meal time. I have spent many hours reading up on what to give and when, three weeks and no going back, we all love it, and it feels so right. Tips from anyone gratefully received!!

My question is how much on average are people spending? It's costing us about £45 month which I think is a lot. I'm currently buying from supermarkets and getting as many bargains as I can. I tried local butcher and they couldn't help except the occasional bone if we "time it right" I thought we would look on line for a supplier but can't find any local to Stockport, Greater Manchester that we can pick up to reduce expenditure. Also have limited freezer space.

Any ideas? Many thanks Amanda, and gorgeous Anu x
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I would save up for another freezer and order from a supplier so you can buy in bulk. My collies raw order usually works out £50-£60 including delivery but it will last him 3-4 months depending on what I order.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi Amanda.. Take a look at www.nixonsfarmshop.co.uk, they are in Heald Green, so not far from you, it's where I get all of Kibo's raw food from. I spend about £20-25pm , he's a very active Hungarian Vizsla weighing 21 kg

They have two choices of minced raw, minced beef with offal @ £4.50 for 10lbs and minced chicken carcasses @ £5.50 for 10lbs

They also sell chicken carcasses, beef & lamb hearts, beef bones, lamb bones, pigs feet, lamb breast, lamb necks, chicken giblets etc

All the raw for pets is traceable and human grade. HTH?
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Clearday raw foods supply greater Manchester if that's any help. They are a stockist for Manifold meats.
Moo_Gsdlover
New Member!
Female 

08-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Ha you guys are great, maybe I should of just asked if anyone new anywhere local, I've been googling for the past 2 nights and couldn't find anything but an abundance of suppliers in Stockport USA

I will definitely try Nixons because it's not far from my place of work.

I knew I was spending too much. X
Warro
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Blimey, you've all helped me out here as well - as I have GSDs, feed raw and live in Stockport as well!!!

Whereabouts are you Moo_GSDlover?? We're in Heaton Moor.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Here's another supplier if you get stuck. I know they have expanded their delivery range and they are well priced.
Could be worth a phone call.
I have been buying their tripe for nearly 6 years now and can vouch for the quality.
http://www.bulmerdogfood.co.uk/index.html
Moo_Gsdlover
New Member!
Female 

09-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi Warro
We are in Bredbury, so not far at all. Where do you currently get food from? We are driving over to Nixon's Farm tomorrow so I will let you know how we get on.

Thanks for the info Ianiow I have made a note just in case.

Much appreciated everyone x
Warro
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi Moo_GSDLover

I currently get mine from Raw to Paw, who source their food from DAF. It costs bit in postage but the quality and range is good. I spend about £90 per month in total for 3 large dogs.

That'd be great, if it's worth having, Nixons would save me a bomb in postage
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah if its any good Paula, you can get me some and we'll have a swopsy session every Sunday after class
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >