Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Georgie's vet trip today - bit of bad news

Went to see the vet this morning with Georgie, the same lovely man I saw every fortnight back at the beginning of the year, who has managed to "stabilise" him with this demodectic mange caused by his cushings.

He was very, very pleased with the way I'm keeping on top of things, with the baths, the lotions and potions and the ab's for a week every 3rd week, but then I showed him the sore on the top of his front leg that appeared 2 days ago, which I thought was a hot spot.

He is VERY concerned, because we now have a lump there too, and he called it something, but I can't remember it had an "f" in it and a "b" but I'm beggered if I can remember the word he used but he had that worried look when he told me I have to keep it covered after slapping on the Fuciderm because he said it's imperative he stops licking at it, so that's done, he's sporting a bright pink vetwrap on it with some gamgee underneath.

Oh I don't know......after all that I've been through over the years with him with his skin problems, I now have visions that this thing could escalate just like the one Cassie had on her shoulder and I could lose him within a couple of weeks now, and YET, there he was, trotting up Cissbury Hill this morning enjoying life to the full.

I think I'll take a pic of it and monitor it that way, and if it starts growing big time, then we'll have a biopsy done, but then again, what's the point of that?! I know he's gotta die of something, but I didn't want it to be the same as what took Cassie from me. Such an innocent looking sore, just like Cassie's was a pea-sized lump....until 2 weeks on.

Another bridge to cross soon then if this vet is right, but then sometimes they're wrong aren't they, but this man, is THE top brass at my veterinary college and is semi retired now, he certainly knows his stuff, so who am I to doubt what he's telling me. "sighs"..... Poor old man, he doesn't like his bandage either, I can tell by his face lol bless him, but being the good boy that he has always been, he is leaving it well alone. I shall go and give him a huge hug now
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 03:34 PM
So sorry, praying with all i can that he is wrong.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I shall go and give him a huge hug now
And one from me too H - He's been such a trooper and I do hope it's nothing rally bad, maybe your vet just wanted to get on top of it now rather than leave it - I'm just guessing but I really do hope it won't be a repeat of dear Cassie.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Huge hugs from me to you too Mrs B. Poor old Georgieboy has been through the mill, yet sounding by it hes still happy to plod on! Dogs are such amazing creatures.

Ear twiddles for Georgie & Zena xxxxx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Oh no poor old Georgie boy and poor you.

He such an old soldier bless him.

Hugs on the way to you both xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 04:36 PM
So sorry to hear this Helena. Everything crossed that it is nothing sinister. It's about time someone up there gave poor Georgie a break. He takes everything in his stride that brave, gorgeous boy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Big big (((hugs))). Xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 05:44 PM
It is so sad when a dog you have seen dashing about full of life gets old and infirm.
However, the dog lives in the now and he knows he is loved and cared for, and that means so much.
I always think caring for the Oldies is our way of paying a little back for the years of loyalty and fun they give us.
Gentle hugs to you and your boy.
X
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 05:48 PM
I am so sorry. You know how much I love this boy. I really wish I knew what to say....just take each day as it comes.
Give him huge hugs and cuddles from me and mine, and sneak in one for Zena.
Take care
xxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Oh poor old Georgie

I'm sure the vet is on the ball, he certainly sounds like he is, so lets hope he can get on top of things and keep Georgie comfortable and trouble free.
Huge hugs and tickles from all of us (for Georgie, not you!!)

ps haven't heard it called gamgee for years!!!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »