Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 02:37 PM

Have you ever eaten...

I was just reading this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/4882144.stm

And it got me thinking. I remember being about 13/14 and a friend saying dog biscuits tasted really nice, being stupid (and gullible) I ate one.. not the nicest thing I tasted, but actually wasn't totally repulsive either. Then i remember another time at a party someone put dog treats on the table by accident and my friend ate about 5 of them, not even noticing

Have you ever eaten dog food, On purpose or by mistake? and why?

I have since recovered from the dog biscuit incident, however it did make my tail fur, smooth and glossy!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 02:42 PM
my brother and sister used to mucnh on bonio biscuits howvere myself, i havent yet dined on the fine offering of JWB!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I can remember one of my brothers complaining he was hungry when we were out for a walk with the dogs - he ate about four gravey bones
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 02:49 PM
used to eat the dogs choco drops. They taste the same as diabetic chocolate. YUK!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 03:38 PM
My Dad ate a whole packet(Greedy sod) of Good Boy Chocolate when I got home he said that chocolate was Bl**dy Horrible(why eat the whole packet then ).

I said didnt the Dog on the front give you some idea it may be for a Dog
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi

Reading your post made me chuckle to myself, because a few years ago, I used to run a Slimming World slimming club and you didn't have to cut anything out, you just stuck to the plans and had your "goodies" as treats in moderation.

The class were chatting and one of my slimmers commented that she missed eating chocolate because she used to eat such a lot of it and she asked if anyone else was the same.

I then told my class that although I'm not that fussed over chocolate, I always have to have some when it's "my time of the month".

I then admitted to them, that one month I had this craving and there was none in the cupboard, so I nicked some of Mick's chocolate buttons.

I think they were astonished that their consultant had told them that she'd eaten dog chocolate !

I told them that it's more or less the same as ours, with the dodgy stuff taken out, it tastes a bit bland, but it sufficed at the time.

It must have done a bit of good though, because after that, they never minded admitting in class if they'd had a bad day or been piggy and their weight losses were fantastic !!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 04:07 PM
My husband whilest in Asda opened packets of dog chews, apparently ones that will last a long time, he bit straight through them and told everybody not to buy them, cause if he could bite through them, then a dog would have no problems.......me and the kids walked away and denied any knowledge of knowing this insane person!!
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
I havn't tried jwb but when i was young i did eat my rabbits choc drops thinking they were real choc's. did'nt taste too bad
don't think i'll have them again tho
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
ive eaten doggy chocs there a bit waxy but ok and ive eaten dog shapes i like the yellow ones dipped in tea sad i know
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Ive tried a bonio! lol It was at my grandmars house when i was really little and my brother dared me lol Actually they just taste like stale biscuits.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >