Our sister sites
Katrina
Dogsey Junior

14-05-2004, 01:13 AM

My dogs

Heres a few pics of some of my dogs.

This is Jane a Stumpy tail Cattle Dog.

Shelia, also a Stumpy

Bolio, a Bandog. He is a working security dog.

Ash, a female bandog.

And Gabby, a Bandog from True Blue Kennels

Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Hi Katrina, you have lovely dogs
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Hi Katrina

Lovely dogs you have there! I've never seen a a stumpy tail C Dog but heard quite a bit about them.

How do they all get on together? Are they all girls?
Katrina
Dogsey Junior

14-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks Carol and Azz. I have 6 girls here (three stumpys and 3 bandogs) an elderly desexed male pig dog and the brindle dog Bolio above is a male. I am hopefully getting a Kelpie to train for SAR in the next couple of weeks. My two older girls Shelia and Gabby have had one or two spats but other than that its quite peaceful!

Besides a snaturally stumpy tail the Stumpy is a fair bit different to the Australian Cattle Dog in temprement, build and colour. They are very much a one person dog and are very protective. They are also a quiet breed, I have only ever heard mine bark a few times, even when they are very excited or protecting. They also are a taller, leaner dog than their long tail cousin and the stumpy has no tan patches.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Love the pics... esp the one with the little girl... aaawwwww how sweet
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Katrina
an elderly desexed male pig dog....
wots a pig dog??
Katrina
Dogsey Junior

14-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Thanks Kirsty, my little girl thinks shes a dog trainer! My girls come with me to obediance, protection dog training, SAR and every other dog thing we do so after 3 years she thinks she is very accomplished! Its very embarissing when she tells other people at these things how to control their dogs!!!

Sorry Azz, Its what an Australian term for a dog that hunts pigs. Most often they are purpose bred cross breds. My old dog is Boxer/Irish Wolfhound X Greyhound. His litter was orphaned at 2 days and I was given him for handraising the rest of the pups. He has caught a lot of pigs but has also done things like obediance and been part of a pets as therapy program.

eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 10:09 PM
o that explains,,, I thought it was a new breed and I had visions of a dog that looked like a pig! lol
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2004, 05:12 AM
Hi Katrina, great pictures. I LOVE the bandog. Bolio is not coming through though

There is a dog in my neighborhood that looks a lot like the cattle dogs you posted. The difference is it has a tail, it barks a lot when we walk by, and it has blue feet. It's a really cool looking dog.

Gorgeous dogs