Our sister sites
Our sister sites
retreiver
New Member!
Female 

20-11-2008, 07:25 PM

Poorly Puppy (updated @post 19)

Hi Everyone
We have a beautiful chocolate Lab called Indy. She is 15 wks old has had all her injections and waited two wks before taking her out. She went for her 1st quick walk on Sunday and Monday morning we woke to lots of runny poo's. We thought she was fine after as she was happy enough and eating. On tues we took her a walk again and then she has gone down hill from then on. Weds she was off her food and drink and kept being sick and wanted to just lie in her basket. Took her to vets last night and they gave her an injection to stop the sickness and antibiotics. Took her back for them to see her this morning and she hadn't got any better and the drawl coming out of her mouth was unbelievable. The vet has kept her in and run lots of blood tests and x-rayed her but nothing on x-ray showed up. The bloods showed a low protein count and that she was losing protein somewhere in her body. She has to stay in again tonight and is on a drip as she was dehydrated but we still don't know what it is that has made her so poorly. I am so scared we are going to lose her and she means the world to all of us. Anyone else had anything similar??
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh Rea, so sorry to read your post. You must be worried sick, I really feel for you.
I don't know what to say nor have any advice, but I wish you well and I will be praying for Indy.
Please let us know how she gets on. {{{{hugs}}}}
retreiver
New Member!
Female 

20-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Thank you for your message.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 07:51 PM
No ideas here but she is at the best place she could be. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:00 PM
BTW welcome to Dogsey
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:21 PM
So sorry to hear about your little pup, unfortunately the only advice I can give, is listen to your vet,and (IMO) at the moment your little one is in the best place.

One thing about Dogsey we send alot of positive healing vibes...........and you know what, they seem to work too, so...................

Healing vibes to your little one from us here.....the gang send slobbery kisses and I send gentle ((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Keep us posted
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh my gosh...poor you!!
Could it be Parvo or are they not the symptoms?
Really really hope it all turns out for the best.
xx
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
Oh my gosh...poor you!!
Could it be Parvo or are they not the symptoms?
Really really hope it all turns out for the best.
xx
They sound EXACTLY like the symptoms of parvo

Dogs that develop the disease show symptoms of the illness within 5 to 10 days. The symptoms include lethargy, vomiting, fever, and diarrhoea (usually bloody). Diarrhea and vomiting result in dehydration and secondary infections can set in. Due to dehydration, the dog's electrolyte balance can become critically affected. Because the normal intestinal lining is also compromised, blood and protein leak into the intestines leading to anemia and loss of protein, and endotoxins escaping into the bloodstream, causing endotoxemia.

I hope Indy makes a good speedy recovery. She is certainly in the best place. She's in my thoughts xx
retreiver
New Member!
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:45 PM
I really don't think it's parvo as we did everything right on her injections and I am sure the vet would have mentioned it before. I don't really know much about parvo other than the dog has foul smelling poo and she didn't have that. I am keeping everything crossed that she pulls through, she's a star and we miss her already
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Ohh loss of protein..........!!
All the best wishes in the world.
xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >