Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 06:04 PM

Holiday with Dogs

I have been searching for a Dog Friendly Hotel/B&B I bought the book, Pet friendly places to Stay, but then thought perhaps someone on here would know of a few places - the thing is with a few places they will accept one dog, I have 3! I remembered seeing a particular advert a few years ago in 'Your Dog' mag - it caught my eye because the owners of the Hotel were pictured with their Golden Retrievers - Any ideas?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Oh! I hope you manage it!

Hope some of these help:

dog friendly hotels/accomodation

k9 directory

pet friendly places in the peak district

dogs trust pet friendly venues

I'm afraid I don't know of any from personal experiences but good luck and let us know which one when you find it!

Lottie
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Might be an idea to repeat this post on the showing section. Most serious exhibitors stay overnight for many shows due to the early starts and the shows are held all round the country. Some use caravans but not usually in the winter, and B&B's are extremely popular. If you indicate the areas of interest - and make sure there are no major shows nearby at the time! - you should get some contact details.

Unfortunately I use a motorhome all year round so I'm not much use to you
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Me and the OH are taking the dogs away this year, so ill keep an eye on this thread, we also have 3.

Becs gave me this link, its really good http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/c4y_homepage.html
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 08:04 PM
We're going to the Lakes in September. Anywhere in the Lake District accept well behaved dogs. The following link is where we're going, lovely place, owners are great and take a look at the pool/jacuzzi!
www.oldvicarageambleside.co.uk
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 08:16 PM
We are going to the Lakes again in November, staying here
http://www.lakedistrictinns.co.uk/bramrigg.htm
Taking 3 Borders.
Dawn.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2005, 09:04 PM
hi

there was a place in the new forst that we were going to stay in last year - they are featured as a picture on their website with their dogs - needless to say I cannot find the weblink for it - and cant remember the name - but was in the new forest somewhere !!!! Sorry - thats absolutely no help whatsoever !!!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:12 PM
I have found what I was looking for - Hotel with advert with owners with their Golden Retrievers is called The Malmar Hotel in Cornwall - Hurrah!! The website link is not working though so I have just emailed then to see if they can email me info - yeah!!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Try:- http://www.petholidays.com it gives cottages, b&b's, hotels, campsites everything you should need. Let us know where you end up.