Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 03:44 PM

Two sibes lunged at poor Smeags today

Down the park this morning this lady had 2 sibes pulling her bike with trace lines attached to the frame.
It's a forestry park and the paths are only 3 foot wide.

It was a two wheeled bike not a tricycle, Smeags was off lead as she usually is and thought she's stroll up to them and make friends.
Suddenly the sibes lunged at her but the trace lines prevented them from making contact, the idiotic clown on the bike had great difficulty trying to keep upright.

Meanwhile I'm standing 20 yards away with Nero and Caesar on their leads, the boys still look on Smeags as the baby of the family and they were going crazy.

If she wants to play at sledging or whatever turns this type on why does'nt she go to a proper area like the Arctic Tundra

Thank goodness Smeags was quick of the mark before they got hold of her, if they had I dread to think what could've happened as my hands were full holding back the boys.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Sorry Nero, but I have to say that even though Smeags was only being friendly, if she went up to them when they were on lines, I don't think its fair to blame the guy on the bike or his dogs.

Had his dogs had a go at yours while he was passing you, I would've agreed with you.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Maybe this person has a permit to be there..Forestry Commission issues permits for this reason..(although if it was a bike or a scooter not sure they need them, when you say Tricycle I assume you mean a rig?)

What are trace lines??

If her dogs were harnessed and attached to her by ganglines then they are still "under control"..

Whereas..your dog was off lead..
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sorry Nero, but I have to say that even though Smeags was only being friendly, if she went up to them when they were on lines, I don't think its fair to blame the guy on the bike or his dogs.

Had his dogs had a go at yours while he was passing you, I would've agreed with you.
You've not read the post properly H, 'twas a lady coming towards us on a bike on a 3 foot wide pathway, am I supposed to re-trace my footsteps and go back the way I came coz this clown wants right of way ? I think not.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Bikes horses joggers, always have the right of bloomin way...glad smeags was ok, I used to come across a guy jogging in the woods his 2 sibes were always off, one in particular was forced by the authorities to wear a muzzle it was so agressive, had my boys once, even with the muzzle on, scarey stuff, he was told to muzzle it cause it had killed a deer, not for its agression xx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Maybe this person has a permit to be there..Forestry Commission issues permits for this reason..(although if it was a bike or a scooter not sure they need them, when you say Tricycle I assume you mean a rig?)

What are trace lines??

If her dogs were harnessed and attached to her by ganglines then they are still "under control"..

Whereas..your dog was off lead..
A two wheeled ordinary bicycle, how on earth was she in control ? it took her all her time to keep falling off the thing.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok, sorry if I didn't read it properly - it did sound like Smeags went to them. I agree that on such a narrow path and with nowhere else for others to go, she was in the wrong.

Either way, I'm glad Smeags is ok.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
A two wheeled ordinary bicycle, how on earth was she in control ? it took her all her time to keep falling off the thing.
Her dogs were still attached to something.. albeit a bike but she had a hold of the bike I would assume..
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Her dogs were still attached to something.. albeit a bike but she had a hold of the bike I would assume..
Yeah, she left her fingernails embedded in the handlebars methinks, this park is managed by our local council for everyone to enjoy, lots of folks walk there dogs there, the park is totally enclosed by fencing thus allowing people to let their dogs off lead in safety.

However you always get the odd one regarding these places as their own and to do as they wish and sod the rest of us.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Well if it was a bike and a public park she has every right to be there as anyone else..

As you know Sibes don't generally get off lead so she was excercising them in the way they are supposed to be..

I don't think it would be "sod the rest of you"..I dont' suppose she expected to meet an off lead Rottie with the owner 20 yards away..I bet she had as big a stress over it as you did
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »