View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2015, 05:46 AM

Good Morning Daily Dogsey Thread (Thursday)

Good Morning all survived the night with two dogs on my bed. Lol. They have both had their breakfast and now await their walks. Bally's mum is coming to pick her up about 7.15 so must be ready. Have a good day all, God bless.

Will now go and catch up on yesterdays thread.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2015, 05:54 AM
Glad to see Leah is home safe and sound and looking well. Lynn glad you had a nice dinner out even if it was expensive nice to do it once in a while. June take it easy with that back of yours and Griff good luck with your double appointment at the docs.
Nippy Jen hope you and Brian are ok. Have a good day all, God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
So glad your friends dog and Amber settled nicely together Moyra couldn't see any reason why they wouldn't. Enjoy the walk.
Wonder if Leah will surface at any point today Eileen. So glad she had a lovely time. Our Grandson is off to France next year for an outdoor adventure with the school. They seem to love them.
Hope the back is feeling better today June.
Good luck at the Docs today griff.

Up at 3 this morning again with Dillon who was very unsettled with his back paw had to give him a piriton in the end to make him sleepy and stop him licking round the bandage. He seems to be finding it difficult to put the paw to the floor started when I got up with him and still like it this morning . Will see what the vet has to say about it hoping its not infected. Shouldn't be its bandaged well and has the little blow up bag over it for protection.
He has been naughty bombing up the garden so hope he hasn't pulled the stitches but no signs of blood. Maybe the stitches are getting tight and uncomfortable. So more sleep on the sofa for me.

Hope all poorlies are feeling better today.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Morning all.
Moyra you obviously worked your magic on the dogs Glad you all had a good night.
Lynn, I really hope Dillons paw is nothing to be concerned
about. Such a worry though.
Brian's taking youngest Gdaughter and the little 'un to a hospital appt today. Just a check up. Unfortunately I can't cope with Kyla on my own, so she has to go with them. The upside is I get the majority of the day on my own, peace and quiet
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Morning Nippy Jen. Thank you. Hope the appointment goes well and Kyla is a good girl for Granddad.
Enjoy your on your own day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Good morning

Pleased Amber and friend had a good night on your bed Moyra so you can look forward to more when she stays again

Hope Dillons paw is ok Lynn and pleased you had a good day yesterday. You need to enjoy yourselves occasionally now after the time you have had for the last few years

Hope Brian manages to cope at the hospital Nippy with all the little ones.

Hope your back is a little easier today June and good luck at the docs Griff.

Dull here and looks like rain but still very warm. Teazle been out and have also potted up some cuttings for my sister. Out shortly to look at some bedding for the single bed before son comes next weekend.

Have a good day and stay safe.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Morning all, Glad to see that fledgelings are returned safe and well to the nest, greyhound sitters survived the night and hope that Grandads have good fortune juggling the littlies at the hospital.
Lynn bit of luck, should be something and nothing with that paw, probably just itching as it heals or the bandage is a bit tight, vet should soon be able to sort it for you.
Sue, Whilst quickly reading through this morning I misread your post, thought you said"Teazle been out and has also potted up some cuttings" of course on closer inspection it reads "have" and not "has" but just for a moment I thought you had a border with fabulously well developed horticultural skills! lol !
Griff - Good luck with your double dose of doctor - hope it all goes well.
Little change on the home front, weather is back to grey and drizzle, which is pretty much the status quo for up here. Terrible twos seem to be starting with Tess she has skipped off on her own twice in the last three mornings and returned some ten mins or so later, this obviously has got to stop - rest of the day is fine it just seems to be the early morning walk round the place. Perhaps she is a little bored and wanting to be up and at 'em, so to speak, well, she can just start behaving like the rest of them. Being on my own ground, they are seldom on leads, but I do like my dogs to follow close behind (not mechanically at heel) but within 5 or 6 yards, you can't have them rampaging about all over the place it would be bedlam. So we shall see what a wee while on a long line does for little madam, don't doubt it's only a phase she's going through, lurchers are seldom that much trouble to train. Do tend to think that she has been a bit spoilt, though this was necessary to try and get her over her original treatment which had left her so frightened of people and touch. Not to worry, it's not something we can't get over, we have had her for ten and a half months now and she bears no resemblance to how she was on her arrival.
Tea break is now over and I'm off back into the drizzle, although the sky does seem to be brightening a touch. Have a good rest of day everyone, bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Lynn, do hope Dillon's paw is ok when the vet has a look at it. He may have overdone it running up the garden. Nippy Jen, do hope Brian copes ok with the g'children at the hospital. LG, hope you are able to sort Tess out. Oh the exuberance of two year olds human and four legged.

Really pleased with Bally, the groundhound, her mum said she slept right through and couldn't believe it when her hubby woke her up at 6am and said he was off to work, she said she was so used to Bally waking her up at three o'clock to go outdoors. No such problem with me but she had been out on the patio during the evening and had access to outdoors if she wanted it during the night but once the two dogs stop fidgeting around which was around midnight they both settled down on the bed and everything was ok. So hopefully instead of going into kennels when her M and D go away Bally will come to stay again in a couple of weeks time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Morning Sue and Gordon. Hoping it is the case Gordon he is eating fine and did manage to run up the garden. He will be going out to do his business on a long line if he keeps it up.
Maybe him and Tess are related.
I am sure you will soon have the little minx back under control.
Just testing her boundaries I expect.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Think you sent the drizzle my way Gordon Managed to get 5 bin bags full of wet shavings/old bones etc to the back gate, and that is me jiggered for a while, hurting again, but it had to be done. Having a lie down with a late breakfast and painkillers, then will get in the shower, rub the magic gel in and then off to the tip and then Iceland for chicken for the girls, maybe Magnums for me...had a lovely piece of salmon in dill and lemon for my tea last night, all prepared in a little bag courtesy of Birds Eye, there is another one left, not sure if it came from Iceland or not, but will have a look to see if they have any. Wondering whether the idea of getting son the Game voucher is a good one as he has just text me asking what the plants are growing over my gate - the honeysuckle and jasmine ones - he bought them for my birthday last year after Nigel took my old ones away by mistake. Thinking I may get him those instead. He's all of a sudden changed hats now he is becoming a House Owner, and is interested in gardening Sadly he has yet to understand that plants grow in season and he can't expect to find much in the garden centres this time of year apart from alpines
Lovely to hear that the dogs settled for you Moyra, and hope the walk goes well for you both.
I bet the stitches are pulling and itching, Lynn. Maybe get him to the vets for them to check them.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »