Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 07:53 PM

Dieting!!

I am rubbish!!

I started Slim Fast yesterday and I'm just about to have bread, wine and cheese for dinner!! What am I like!!

I'll get back on it tomorrow but it's soooo hard!! Hate it!! ;o)

Anyone done Slim Fast? I just fancy something to kick start me off.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I managed for a week once...worked well but got very bored very quick.

TBH weightwatchers has been ebst for me but I know slimming world is meant to be good....

Actually - the best thing I did was stop eating tea (I started having big proper lunches, and if I was hungry had a bit of fruit or some soup for tea. Took me about a week to get into it befre christmas lost 25lbs!....its all gone pear shaped now....litterally!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I did slimfast once I lost weight doing it, but I was always starving......

Good Luck x
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:08 PM
I hate diets though have never attempted a proper one! The only way I was able to lose weight was to buy a calorie counting book & eat around 1400 calories a day. I could eat what I wanted & if I did excercise I could eat more calories - which gave me the motivation as I eat chocolate every night (The lowest cal filling choc I liked was a frys chocolate cream!) I generally lost 1 - 2 lbs a week & took a few months to get to my target weight which was a stone loss. My work mate lost 2 stone, she was bigger than me & ate more cals to begin with.
The best thing was we egged each other on & each time we lost 2lbs we put a pic of a bag of sugar on our notice board at work & spent our lunch breaks walking. Oh & I drank lots of green tea (still do)
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi Pidge - Slimfast is ok but when you go back to eating proper meals again its difficult to keep the weight off. Weightwatchers is very good, i lost nearly 3 stone after my second child, i put a lot of weight on with him, he weighed 10lb when he was born. I have just recently lost 2 and half stone after moving to Kent from Essex - didn't know the area, didn't know anyone, no family here etc etc - i am a comfort eater and put a lot of weight on through that. I managed to lose it again and now i am about 12 and a half stone which isn't too bad as i am 6ft. Def give it a try - you don't have to go to meetings if you don't want to you can do it online.

I find dog walking keeps my weight off ! i walk for 1-2 hours a day if i can. It is hard though but now the warmer weather is coming it should be a bit easier, don't mind eating more salads etc and getting out more. Good luck x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Well that's just it. I walk for an hour and a half with him every day, although I guess I consume more than that in wine ;o)

Back on it today. Just want to kick start and then I can work on maintaining.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Nooo... nasty slimfast!

I'm on my own diet of salads lol, but mum's just started a diet that my aunt was on. It's great - you have red days and green days and different free foods on the different days. Free foods you're allowed to eat without counting and then you're allowed 15 sins and it gives a list of how many sins each thing is.

I'll try and find out the info for it as it seems a much easier way to diet - it's mainly just healthy eating but more strict.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Did Slimming World once and did really well - but we didn't do the meetings just bought loads of books and online.

Joined WW last week and have lost 3lb in a week and not hungry at all. OH lost 5.5lb (men always lose more don't they!)

Sisters have all lost over half a stone in three weeks.

I am finding it very straightforward to follow and haven't cheated at all - although so miss having a chunk of cheese when I fancy.

I have been trying since Xmas to lose 1 stone and failing so felt had to do something more. This time we are attending meetings as being weighed by a stranger is more incentive than weighing myself
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Slimming World! That's the one my aunt's used and my mum's currently doing.

I've slipped a bit this week with not having much salad stuff in and running late all the time!

Next week I'll get back into it!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2009, 03:30 PM
I agree with every one else on here, weight watchers and slimming world. If you dont want restrictions and count points then slimming world is the one for ya. Its great, red and green days are a breeze. Its either a meat day or a veggie day, cant complain.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >