Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
monosyllabic
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-06-2008, 11:46 PM

Help with changing dog food

Hi I have a 5 year old Staffy x Lurcher (GSDx Greyhound so i was told) and i am looking to find a dog food that would best suit him.
When we got him in january he was really under weight and was on Wilson's of Dundee Original so we stuck with that for the first few month's but he never gained weight. So we changed him to Wagg Complete and he gained weight but lost a lot of his spark and is now getting heavier. (not much but not as trim as he should be) We have reduced how much he is eating but he went from a happy dog to a dog that is always begging for food so any advice would be great.

Also i have been advised to get him cortaflex for greyhounds so any advice on this would be grand too.

This was taken last week so you can see he is not huge but the main thing i worry about is his lack of energy
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi Ben I don't know much about 'Wagg' perhaps it just doesn't suit your dog. Maybe give another good quality premium food a try.
Arden Grange is popular with many. Their new range of canned food looks good , I think it may be a lot different to the old canned food of years ago which was mostly gelatin and a few odd looking bits.

click here