Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mossford
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2004, 07:09 PM

Showing - Where do I start?

I am interested in showing can anyone give me any suggestions on where to find info on this. Hoping to get puppy in new year have spoken to breeder about puppy but not about potential to show. Puppies due in 6 weeks, don't want to put pressure on breeder until nearer the time. Would you say this is correct or not.

So I presume it is an expensive hobbie but very rewarding. Am I correct.

Any info would be appriciated.

Thank you

Helen.
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi Mossford yep its an expensive hobby and sometimes very frustrating but so long as you remember that at the end of the day you take the best dog home with you then it can be very enjoyable.
Have you been to any shows locally just to have a look and see what goes on ? You could also visit your local ringcraft classes if you have any to talk to people there, most will be helpful and give you some idea of what to expect. I visited one of the ones I go to long before my first show dog was concieved let alone born.I see your up in this neck of the woods whereabouts? If I can help you with any information don't be scared to PM or e-mail me and if I cant help personally I maybe able to find out who can
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2004, 05:48 PM
You might be better off letting the breeder know you intend to show before theyre actually here

It can be expensive and it can be frustrating as Willowish has already said but you do get to meet lots of new people and it is addictive
Good luck