Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Are there other sorts of days
She is normally very good if food is accidentally dropped, and "leave it" means Do Not Touch - although she has been known to snaffle a raw kohlrabi or cucumber when I am putting things away in the fridge - oh, and she has also been known to remove a baguette from my bag, but normally she is very good.

But I suppose seeing what I was sorting and freezing yesterday, then packing away this morning...

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=169396

the temptation of sneaking off with a chunk of turkey neck was really more than she could resist.

I now have the gizzards being frozen and will be very very careful when taking the trays out of the freezer to bag them up!
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
She is normally very good if food is accidentally dropped, and "leave it" means Do Not Touch - although she has been known to snaffle a raw kohlrabi or cucumber when I am putting things away in the fridge - oh, and she has also been known to remove a baguette from my bag, but normally she is very good.

But I suppose seeing what I was sorting and freezing yesterday, then packing away this morning...

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=169396

the temptation of sneaking off with a chunk of turkey neck was really more than she could resist.

I now have the gizzards being frozen and will be very very careful when taking the trays out of the freezer to bag them up!
I was referring to myself , but more in relation to chocolate than raw frozen turkey necks
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
I was referring to myself , but more in relation to chocolate than raw frozen turkey necks
Now why did I not think of chocolate?

She has just been sitting watching, with an eager hopeful expression on her face, while I packed 58 very large gizzards in double-layered bags, and she is most disgruntled as I managed it without dropping any of them!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Ha Ha Poor Pereg her plans were scuppered
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2012, 06:48 AM
I think they've got their 'built in clocks' my daughter in law has been taking Bella out most evenings as she goes for a run/walk anyway. On the evenings I've taken her she still wants to go with DiL even if we just got home and looks so sad when she can't.

Malka - I did think of choklit, and cake, and all sorts of goodies - did you think Tass was hankering after some frozen gizzards most days? lol!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I have been told that it takes approx 4 hours to fully digest raw food and twice that long for kibble
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
I have been told that it takes approx 4 hours to fully digest raw food and twice that long for kibble
That's interesting. I was just thinking raw food would take LONGER to eat - therefore stop them asking for more so quickly!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
That's interesting. I was just thinking raw food would take LONGER to eat - therefore stop them asking for more so quickly!
And please remember I've only been told it, I'm not stating this as fact
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

02-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I think they've got their 'built in clocks' my daughter in law has been taking Bella out most evenings as she goes for a run/walk anyway. On the evenings I've taken her she still wants to go with DiL even if we just got home and looks so sad when she can't.
I am convinced that she was unaware that I had seen her chombling the nicked neck as she had taken it in the yard and had her back to me while the chomble activity was going on, which is why she expected two meals as normal usual, but I cheated on the last meal as it was mostly vegetables! Mind you, food is food to her and she does enjoy her veggies!

Malka - I did think of choklit, and cake, and all sorts of goodies - did you think Tass was hankering after some frozen gizzards most days? lol!
Tbh I was so involved with all the freezing and packing that the thought of hooman goodies did not enter my mind!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
My stomach is empty again after just 2 hours. That's when I had a slice of cold pizza. I am waiting for the spicy chicken to finish cooking in the oven. (Too blimmin hot to have the oven on really - but the chicken had to be used!)

*makes note to self - stop reading food related threads.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >