Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Innocence
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Bryn Needs Rescuing

Meet Bryn... (male)
He is 19 months old and sad in the pound just looking for that special person to adopt him. All he wants is unconditional love. Breed unknown. Located in Spain but can travel to the UK if needed.

All comments appreciated whether in the position to adopt or not. See Bryn on the website?

Thanks
Jane
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	i285697114376101050._szw1280h1280_.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	5545  
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2017, 07:06 PM
I think we have enough of our own dogs needing homes let alone importing them from Spain or anywhere else.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
I think we have enough of our own dogs needing homes let alone importing them from Spain or anywhere else.
Good point. We walk a lot and meet other dog owners - dog walkers tend to be a social lot and get to know one another. It no longer surprises me just how many of the dogs are from rescue centres.

And the centres always have dogs coming in that need to have a permanent home.

I don't know if ours is typical but they checked us out before they would let us take the dog. We had to walk the dog several days in a row. That goes some way to ensuring that you are serious about having the dog. We also had a home visit to ensure that our dog was being properly cared for.

Those checks would be be a bit impracticable/expensive if the dog was coming from another country.
Innocence
New Member!
Female 

01-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Here's a little video of the boy.
Innocence
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Good point. We walk a lot and meet other dog owners - dog walkers tend to be a social lot and get to know one another. It no longer surprises me just how many of the dogs are from rescue centres.

And the centres always have dogs coming in that need to have a permanent home.

I don't know if ours is typical but they checked us out before they would let us take the dog. We had to walk the dog several days in a row. That goes some way to ensuring that you are serious about having the dog. We also had a home visit to ensure that our dog was being properly cared for.

Those checks would be be a bit impracticable/expensive if the dog was coming from another country.
Hiya,
It is not about the expense Besoeker. It is about as you say making sure the dog goes to the right home. Whatever country the owner may be from. They are not likely to give a dog to a owner for them just to say it is too much responsibility to take care of. Dogs need a lot of attention and dedication as you probably know being a member of this forum. You must keep in mind that this charity will not close a door on any animal in need or crying out for help. Watch the recently posted video of Bryn and you will see what a happy little dog he is, I hope he finds a home soon.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Jane
x