Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2016, 07:32 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 8th December

Good morning everyone,

LG, rather you than me splitting up Gypsy and D.C.

I hope everyone else is ok. Griff hope you are feeling better today.

June, hope your back is better today too.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2016, 07:53 AM
Morning Moyra and al to follow.
Moyra how are you feeling now ? Better I hope.
griff hope you are feeling better to.

Had a lovely time with Elaine yesterday.

LG glad you managed to split the girls up. Thank goodness you know the traits of both breeds so well. So eyes in the back of your head from now on then.
Your explanation was very good just enough information to explain the working of the two breeds you keep. Shame some who chose these breeds do not do research or any breed for that matter.
I have never had multiple dogs as I have never felt confident enough in keeping more than one I do admire those who choose to keep two or more.
Kept 3 cats at one time with no problems.

June intrigued by your news will look forward to it.
Mandy hope you are feeling better now.
Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Morning all, feeling a lot better but still lying in my bed.....will get up and see how I go, need to get to town and have deagan to the vet tonight...fingers crossed my back will hold up
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Griff and all who follow

Pleased you are feeling a little better today Griff and hope your back holds out until you have finished everything you need to do.

June biting my nails in anticipation of your good news.

Have been in the same situation as June with multiple dogs and the take over was very subtle and never a cross word uttered. One of my bitches ruled with a twitch of a whiska or a raised eyebrow and all obeyed

Dull and damp again today. Barry out blowing leaves and I am chasing son to get ready to leave to catch the train

Hope all are feeling better today

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2016, 09:26 AM
Morning Moyra, Lynn and Griff and all to come. Started another set of three disasters. First a special light bulb went in a lamp that hubby reads by when it is dark in the mornings, then a dog encounter, see other posting, now waiting for the third disaster. Hey ho such is the vagaries of life. Good word that. bg!! Hope you all have a great day. Sara, daughter that was driving to work has decided to let the train take the strain and not drive again to work. To stressful. She will ask if someone else can give her a lift next week as all trains will be non existent. She might be able to work from home if she asks. Either way she has given up driving in heavy traffic. Don't blame her. Driving is supposed to be for enjoyment. My other daughter emailed this morning and told me that she has started to watch Miranda again on dvd and hasn't laughed so much in ages. So maybe we should all do that. I could do with a laugh. bfn. Morning Sue.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Good morn all

Just collected up the leaves that was in the back garden photo I posted the other day. Got a yield of one and a half bags from that lot.
Sue has taken no1 son to a train station not run buy the group that are on strike, so hopefully his London appointment he can keep.

Still not heard when my Skyvac is coming its been 16 days since I placed the order so not very happy with the company

Now time for a coffee so bye for now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2016, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Still not heard when my Skyvac is coming its been 16 days since I placed the order so not very happy with the company
I think I read that it is comming from Italy, they had a referendum on something recently and the Prime Minister has resigned, so no one running the country (A very familiar scenario over there ) so I expect that is a good excuse to have a few days off work
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2016, 01:22 PM
LOL Harvey
Persisting down heavily here. Just come in from giving everywhere a good clean, hoisting bin bags outside the back gate and similar at the front. Now (having washed my hands) time for a butty and a mug of tea and back out to have my fortnightly visit to the tip. Loads of cardboard trays from my food delivery last week, nearly didn't see those, but they are ready to go as well
Back was hurting again last night, its raining again isn't it, had a good few days pain free, maybe it went over to see Griff perhaps (in which case my apologies) but its back with a vengeance along with the rain. Very warm and not had the fire lit for a day or so now, saving on coal, so thats the silver lining in the rainclouds
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2016, 02:14 PM
People from Skyvac just rung, seems the wrong motor was on the last consignment from Italy, so won't be getting it until next week now.
I said I was not over happy with the way they run their business selling goods they do not have in stock. I said I was going to order another pole but they said they would put an extra pole cost £42 in for free as compensation .

This is what I am after

http://www.guttercleaningmachines.co...Ze8aAoPE8P8HAQ

Just seen a briliant idea to inspect the gutter

how it works

take a small compact camera that takes videos and a small gorilla grip as shown below

screw grip to camera

put on pole (simulated gutter vacuum pole) as below

then secure with tape or cable ties. Switch camera to video mode and offer up to gutter. That grip will allow one to angle the camera as desired.

What a brainwave, far cheaper than the nearly £500 for remote camera and view that offered with this equipment
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2016, 04:40 PM
Soooo... I put my scruffy clothes on to take the rubbish to the tip, decided to call in Home Bargains on the way back to buy selection boxes for Christmas presents. I had my long dog walking boots on, trakkie bottoms, fleece with a t shirt underneath, and mansize bodywarmer on that covers my bum. Walking down the aisle I was confronted by some numb guy just staring at me, I said Alright??? He said Er Yes. I said Good, and walked on. Why The Stare Its a very horsey area anyway so I see more than one person dressed in a similar fashion doing shopping, particularly when we're on dark afternoons.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >