Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bonwillan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-05-2011, 08:58 PM

First Champ show

My little Lemon beagle finished 6th overall in a Championship agility show today. Boy was I proud of her.

We started off with a field of 51 dogs. After the first round which we managed a clear the field had been cut by 2/3rds.

I knew that all I had to do was not get elimated myself and after the naughty Lemon Beagle broke her wait I managed to retrieve the situation and finished on 10 faults.

This was enough to get me through to the final and I really had to push her. Unfortunatly she just missed her 'A' frame contact 3 from home and ended up 6th overall.

This was our first Champ show so I was totally amazed how well my little Beagle got around those very complicated and technical courses.

Who was it that told me a few years ago that "Beagles dont do Agility" I think they will be eating a hugh piece of humble pie this evening
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Well done you and your beagle, not the average agility dog, but who wants average.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Which class?

Alex Johnson has been doing Agility very successfully with her beagles for a number of years

Well done!
Bonwillan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Which class?

Alex Johnson has been doing Agility very successfully with her beagles for a number of years

Well done!

It was the Championship Agility class at Beacon DAC.

I have not heard of Alex Johnson. I know of Marion Carding and Mike Fairlamb who run their beagles. There was also a cracking little Beagle I saw at Bretford over Easter which won out of Grade 1.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2011, 10:40 PM
http://www.hantsdog.com/Meet-the-Trainers

She was a fellow competitor in UK Superdog some years ago, and her Beagle was on its 4th bowl of food when returned from the 10 minute out of sight down stay in front of a bowl of food!
Toby.mai
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:16 AM
thats fantastic well done
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Well done