Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:33 AM

Only just made it home !

Popped out to Waitrose on the way as I drove down past the local school I looked to my left as I was being over taken and realised it was a horse running along side my car - I thought to my self that's a horse

Pulled over to the side of the road as another car was coming towards us and the horse freaked out slid to a halt and shot off into the crematorium - I drove off swiftly hoping someone else will sort that out

Was walking away from my car at Waitrose when someone walking towards me screamed and threw himself to the ground just as a large metal sign flew past me just nicking my little finger and breaking my nail - if that had hit me full on I wouldn't be typing this now

Got home by now feeling a bit shaky thinking how I just escaped being killed and neighbours dog (huge staffie) escaped from their patio door charged across the lawns towards me absolutely going to bite me and yes he got me - nasty bite on my thigh went right through my coat, skirt and tights and drew blood

Feeling like the world is out to get me
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
oh blimey hun, what a morning

On the positive side, they say things come in 3s, so that's your 3 over...perhaps you'll get 3 good things now.

Have you had a tetnus recently? If not and the bite broke your skin (which it sounds like it did) I think you will need to get one.

I think you also need to have a word with your neighbours about the dog, for the moment, I'd put your feet up with a cup of something sweet.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Jeezus! What a morning you have had! Go run yourself a nice hot bath and relax for a bit!

Also agree with Hali, are your jabs up to date?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Actually that's a good point I will go to the small injuries clinic and see if they can give me a jab it must be twenty years since I had the last one. Might need a bit of attention to the wound too as I can't stop it bleeding at the moment.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 11:55 AM
That's crazy Bet you're glad to be inside. Hope you're ok, someone finds the horse n the neighbours make sure the dog doesn't do that again. x
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Horse escaped from Gypsies camping up the road so that is back where it should be now.
Waitrose have been on the phone to check I was OK which was nice of them, and they are sending me a shopping voucher for my fright - doing the same for the diving man too as he was more scared at the time than me.
Jabbed by the nurse and come home with vitamin K to help clotting (I have a clotting disprder so that's why I was having problems).
Hubby has spoken to the neighbour, they are very apologetic but can't control the dog. They have not taken it out since it got away from them 2 weeks ago so the only excercise it is getting is hours of running on the treadmill they bought for it. Consequently it has huge muscles and is extremely fit and strong and they cannot hold it back.
Suggested training but not sure whether they will do any as they don't seem to see this as a huge problem. Sadly dog will eventually pay the price because if it bites anyone else or me again it will be reported.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Goodness Julie what a morning. Glad you are now ok after your near misses. Definitely have a guardian angel
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Good grief, hon, what a dreadful mornng!

Hugs x0x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
oh blimey hun, what a morning

On the positive side, they say things come in 3s, so that's your 3 over...perhaps you'll get 3 good things now.

Have you had a tetnus recently? If not and the bite broke your skin (which it sounds like it did) I think you will need to get one.

I think you also need to have a word with your neighbours about the dog, for the moment, I'd put your feet up with a cup of something sweet.
Good 'eavens Julie you must have wondered what the world had against you.
I would forget that " cup of something sweet" and have a glass of something alcoholic
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Blimey! You've had a fun morning!!! NOT! As Hali says, at least that is your three out of the way now ...

Hope the bite heals quickly and that the neighbours get control of their dog!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >