Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
LOL!! Wait for the next bit.

Work should never ever be defined as anything other than what the dog was bred originally to do, its function. If the KC see agility etc.. as work, they need to wake up! Disgraceful.

I know you were not stating it as "your" feelings Lynn.
Well guess what---we agree about the KC needing to wake up as well!

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 12:51 PM
...not gonna read the link... docking is barbaric and excuses like 'injured in working' are just that!!

you do not chop of a builders thumb incase its hit by a hammer!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
...not gonna read the link... docking is barbaric and excuses like 'injured in working' are just that!!

what if the dog hurts it tail that severly it has to be docked anyway?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Well guess what---we agree about the KC needing to wake up as well!

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 01:04 PM

You dont need to chop a dogs nuts off "in case" he gets testicular tumours, you dont need to spay a bitch "in case" she accidently gets mated. You dont need to keep a dog on a lead "in case" he runs off and gets hit by a car...... But probably all done for the welfare of the dog.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
what if the dog hurts it tail that severly it has to be docked anyway?
errrmmmm it has a general anaesthetic, and painkillers doh!

and the breed in my exp as a vn that has its tail amputated the most......labs!! cos they wag them to much and split em! nowt to do with work!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You dont need to chop a dogs nuts off "in case" he gets testicular tumours, you dont need to spay a bitch "in case" she accidently gets mated. You dont need to keep a dog on a lead "in case" he runs off and gets hit by a car...... But probably all done for the welfare of the dog.
well said
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 01:10 PM
errrmmmm it has a general anaesthetic, and painkillers doh!
and the breed in my exp as a vn that has its tail amputated the most......labs!! cos they wag them to much and split em! nowt to do with work!
yeah after the pain theyve been through of ripping their tail to shreds.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Don't really know what the problem is---the docking issue generally affects a very small minority of people (probably including me at some point). If I find I
can't do all that I might want to do that is my bad luck.

I won't fight to change a law that I think is fair and right.

Going over old ground once again is like arguing with a Welsh trainer about using e collers. Its the law---deal with it.

rune
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Posting and dashing (as usual) but, I think the whole point is, for those breeds where docking is done to prevent injury when working, then they are unable to compete in the show ring at an equal level to those who don't work their dogs, but just show them and therefore don't dock. It's a great way to breed dogs where their ability is unknown; being a fan of working gundogs dogs, I like to see them doing what they were bred to do, and you can see they absolutely love it, it's in their blood. So why penalise those who are actually out there, proving the ability of their dogs, by preventing them from showing them as well at any level?

Tupac, I'd like to see you hold the same views when you're several miles up on a grouse moor, or in the back of a woodland, with a spaniel or other breed that's split it's tail wide open and is losing blood every time it wags the darn thing, because they still don't stop wagging. The end third is taken off with spaniels, I think it's the end two thirds on HPR's from memory, both are the parts that are more 'prone' to injury, and these dogs are left with a tail to wag.

Something I've queried in the past, and been shot down in flames as 'just having a go', is where the show dock for gundog breeds has come from in relation to this? It has honestly shocked me to see breeds docked to a stump, and bears no relation to the working dock. To me, the only reason for docking to that extreme is aesthetic, and not something I'd agree with at all.
Page 4 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »