Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 10:52 PM

Any Puppy Suggestions?

Hey,

I posted on here a couple of days ago asking for Basenji breeders info. We're currently looking at breeds of dogs we may be interested in and at the moment, a Basenji is at the top of my list But i've never actually met one so we're going to arrange to see some first, then make a decision..

But, im still having a look through at other breeds that may suit us. It is going to be shown, so must be a breed recognised by the KC, would prefer one that doesn't need too much grooming (no big woolly things!lol) and not too big as we already have three large dogs! If possible, i'd prefer a 'table dog' for showing It will be my dog, and i'll take it when i leave so in the end the decision will be mine!

So far my list is:

- Basenji - As i said, we're planning to see some to see if we like them. They seem to be quite suitable though.

- Siberian Husky - My favourite breed of dog, but just too big and too much grooming i think

- Pharoh Hound - Too big?

- Afghan Hound - Too much grooming and too big!!

So, as you can tell im not doing so well To be honest, im not good with small dog breeds which is why im only really going for large ones If anyone could give me some names of breeds they think would suit so i could look up some pics that would be great! No terriers or yorkies or things like that though

Jess
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Looks like you kinda like hounds?

So how abut the beagle? I know a couple and they are proper characters. Easy to groom but not sure how they are shown but I thought on the table???

And if something a little different how about the Ibizan Hound? Not sure how they are shown though?

Karen
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 11:09 PM
yes, i do like hounds! They're very different to my labs (who i love!!), they're just so elegant and move beautifully. It would be nice to have something a little different to my labs

Beagles are cute! I'd definately consider one of those Just looked up the Ibizan Hound on google and it does look quite big.. Pretty though!

Thanks
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi Jessica

Seeing as you seem so keen on hounds what about an Italian Greyhound? They are very small and really gorgeous
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Oh good point there Tuti if I could I would havea whippet - fantastic dogs.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Tuti! Though aren't those very, very delicate? I dont know much about them at all, but i've heard that you have to be really careful with them! I wouldn't want anything too delicate in a house with 3 labs lol!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2005, 12:02 AM
Smooth-haired Dachshund, either standard or miniature. Tough and fun little dogs
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Excellent point there SB my Auntie Kitty had a mini smooth a cracker of a dog.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 09:07 AM
lol Cute dogs! But i want something a little bigger. I know im being annoying But i want something kind of, medium sized, so that its still a small dog, but not something that we're going to trip over
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

07-09-2005, 09:13 AM
what about a Basset Hound? I love them they are so adorable.

I also love the Saluki - very elegant and posh!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >