Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 09:54 PM

Dogs with strange habits..

Freya our female NI, has a really strange (but amusing) habit and i was wondering if any of your guys do strange things.

Freya knows when she's going to pass wind.. she gets her nose under her tail and flips it out the way.. while looking up her own bottom she'll then do a really loud bottom burp

The thing i found fascinating is she must be self aware, to always look before doing the act. I`ve known many dogs that look after the fact.. but never known one like her.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Oh bless her One of my dogs runs away from their own bottom burps and looks round as though someone has shouted at him. Mind you we all tend to run away as well.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 08:41 AM
LOL, this reminded me of an odd and funny habit my childhood dog had.

Every evening afternoon he'd had his evening meal and was the put out in the garden, he'd have a wander about, do his business and then pick up his back left leg in his mouth and then do a sideways shuffle on three legs up the garden path, up four steps and into the house. Only once he was indoors would he drop the leg and carry on as normal!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Silly dogs haha!!

Ripley hates the claw clippers so makes sure I dont have to do it anymore by biting her own toenails nice and short!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Silly dogs haha!!

Ripley hates the claw clippers so makes sure I dont have to do it anymore by biting her own toenails nice and short!
Anoushka used to do that lol x
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Great stories guys.. Anniebees post made me LOL.

Freya likes to bites her own nails.. except for them dreaded dew claws, that she likes to use on me when she wants attention.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Anniebee View Post
LOL, this reminded me of an odd and funny habit my childhood dog had.

Every evening afternoon he'd had his evening meal and was the put out in the garden, he'd have a wander about, do his business and then pick up his back left leg in his mouth and then do a sideways shuffle on three legs up the garden path, up four steps and into the house. Only once he was indoors would he drop the leg and carry on as normal!
Oh that's HILARIOUS! I wish you'd had a video of it!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Lol Annie, that sounds really funny

Pepsi hates having her harness put on but is getting better and will now come when called to have it on.
When it is on she walks sideways through the kitchen and sitting room to my hubby. She then walks around him about three times then waits for him to get ready.
Why
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Interesting Nippy. The only time Bella 'circles' me is immediately after I clip her collar and lead on her. I am trying to get her out of that habit with the 'watch me' thingie!

She comes over good as gold and dips her head for me to clip it on and then immediately starts circling me if I don't set straight off with her. She does it again while we wait for the lift!

Sometimes I REALLY wish they could talk! I'd be asking her WHY she does it!
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh that's HILARIOUS! I wish you'd had a video of it!
Video's hadn't been invented then !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >