Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 03:28 PM

HD DVD's

Can somebody please tell me how HD DVD's can be played?

OH went out today and bought Stardust for the kids, thought it was Blu-Ray, but it's the HD DVD and so far the PS3, my new Sony computer nor our Sony DVD player will play it.

If it's the wrong format and none of the above will play it, does anybody have a machine that will play it and would they like it.......I'm off to Asda around 4.30pm to get the Blu-Ray version!

Free to good home!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2008, 03:34 PM
HD-DVDs are of a good quality but they have all but lost the battle with blu-ray(like vhs v bettamax in the 70s) If you can you would be best trading to blu-ray disk. They wont play on the ps3 or your pc as both are sony who are responsable for blu-ray.
legendaryone
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-02-2008, 07:21 AM
You will need a HD player to play it, seeing as you have already opened it an exchange won't be possible. You could always save it as a collectors item
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Been out and bought it on normal dvd now, it's not any good to me, so just wondered if anybody on Dogsey wanted it.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi Sharon
As Stormy has said HD DVD is dead in the water it's champion Toshiba has thrown in the towel. You would think that a blu ray player would play a lesser DVD disk (HD)as they play normal DVD's fine.

Anyway you need to look out for thr blu ray logo

It's no suprize that these DVD disks are lot more expensive than the standard ones at the moment the price for the players also need to come down for them to be more popular with the general public.