View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Thank you for telling us about Boo and sharing the video. I too am in tears reading and watching. It touches us, so much when we love dogs, to have a dog a be committed to them is to know true unconditional love. You were as blessed to have Boo as he was to have you. He has already brought you here to help you, when the time is right your beautiful boy will help you find another furbaby to love and care for.

Take comfort that he was worth every penny of almost going bankrupt and I don't suppose I'm the only one reading your post to have been in a similar position. You know that he knew you always did your best for him and that he was deeply loved.

I also know what you mean about going for a walk without a dog. I'd seriously consider seeing if a rescue centre would like you to volunteer dog walking for them? I know Greyhound Rescue always want people. You'd get the chance to snuggle into that lovely dog smell and and to have a nice walking companion. Just a thought.

Take care, as already said you never, really get over it. One step at a time though, living with it does get easier.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

02-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Time heals and you will find it easier to come to terms with your loss of your laddie in time. I lost my lovely lass, Loki, a year past 8 May and it was pretty hard but I have found a bit of solace in having Charlie, a young rescue dog. He has helped me come to terms with the loss of Loki and I am sure you will find peace.

Your laddie will always be with you watching over you.

Thinking of you.

Hugs xx
sundown
New Member!
Female 

03-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Hi all

Well as an update, I've re-homed a little 3-year old French Bulldog bitch. It's odd as I had two worries - firstly that I'd feel like I'd always be comparing between a new dog and my lost lad and secondly that I couldn't love a new dog as it wouldn't be my lad.

As you can see, my re-home is the polar opposite in breed, size and gender to my old boy. I've had her a couple of days now and I couldn't even begin to compare - she's totally different and her own little (very funny!) character. I'm already very fond of her and really enjoying having the company around the house again. She isn't my lad, but that's OK because she's herself and our relationship is different and I think will get stronger over time. I know my lad would have loved her and I think he'd approve.

Here she is having a chew of a dogwood bone on the lawn last night.

Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Well that's lovely, she looks adorable. I hope she brings you comfort and like you've said she won't be a Boo she will have her own character etc. You've given her a home and a new start in life so that's wonderful. What's her name?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Hello Em I am delighted to see you have found a new friend . I hope you have many happy years together..
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2015, 08:59 AM
She's cool and it's good to go for something totally different, it makes things easier. I went from Dobermanns to Pugs cos I couldn't face losing another big dog at just 8 and while common sense tells me it wouldn't happen again, it still happened three times in a year and I can't live waiting for the shoe to drop so to speak.
She'll be so much fun and totally different to Boo, just enjoy her for who she is x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2