Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickyv32
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi there,
I was having a problem with my Yorkie, she heard the clip of the scissors and was off..............BUT today, although I think I am really lucky with her temperament she let me trim her nose with the scissors whilst she ate a pigs ear..............They have always let us take chewies and bones away from them so I felt it was safe, obviously be very sure if you attempt it..............She just seemed pre-occupied with the chew and didn't seem to register what else was going on............Am I wrong in doing this ??
rtmlbd
New Member!
Female 

08-05-2010, 12:43 AM
i have tryed all the ways possible to get my dog to stop qwakeing in fear when i brush him i fell so bad but i know he needs it and with flea seasone coming i realy need help. if it helps any hes a pikapom a pikaneese pomaranion.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Great advice already given I had the same problem after Tilly was spooked at the groomers & had to overcome her fears.I use a rubber zoom groom with a treat in my other closed hand for her to concentrate on - after a while I didn't need the treat any more. She still doesn't like scissors so it takes 2 of us to trim her paw fur, one distracting her with a treat & the other snipping away
rtmlbd
New Member!
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:06 PM
i have tryed to distract him with treats and his favorit toy but he still runs in fear and i dont know why he's so scared
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2