View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh Yes, my Constance will sit looking up at me with those very heavy eyes, whilst Tammy will spin around and around until she has her own way, then Lizzie tends to put her paw on your leg in a very affectionate way.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Forgot one - he appears in doorways or just out of my reach with a stolen sock in his mouth, or paperwork or anything he knows he isn't meant to have.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Forgot one - he appears in doorways or just out of my reach with a stolen sock in his mouth, or paperwork or anything he knows he isn't meant to have.
Now that is clever!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Kali comes and sits alongside, then starts smashing his paw down on the nearest knee. When you look down, he deploys the ultimate Border Collie weapon - known to us BC freaks as "The Eye". This is what BCs usually use to mesmerize sheep, but they use it on people, too. It's an unblinking, intense GLARE, from as close as possible!

Snorri-dog is less subtle (if subtlety comes into the equation at all!) - he has recently acquired the nickname "Noselauncher" - he takes careful aim at the crotch area and leaps forward. Obviously, he has a good knowledge of anatomy, because it's impossible to ignore! Either he does that, or he sticks his cold, wet nose up the back of my teeshirt!

The last tactic is brought into play when the computer is in use - the nose goes under the elbow and he flings the elbow into the air (complete with coffee, if it's there!).

When he needs out, he uses the popular dog ploy of sitting at the door, barking till the temper frays. Then the two of them mill around under your feet and prevent the door from being opened!

If all else fails, stand up with forefeet on the seat, and bark directly in the human face (with specks of collie-drool thrown in!)!

Snorri
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 05:21 PM
A huge array of things to get attention including.....

If he needs outside he runs to the door and spins in a circle

Dropping his ragger/kong/tennis ball into your lap for you to throw.

Nudging you and running to the toy & treat drawer where he noses it and stands there wagging his nub

If he wants his Pigs-ear (once a night treat) he will stand in the doorway and look pointedly at you licking his lips when you say "What do you want?"

Forcing his bucket-head under your newspaper/magazine you are reading

Paw-hooks around your legs/arms to get you to play - with Sid he shoves his head between Sids ankles so he can grip his head with his legs and they wrestle (it's a man thing!!! )

Sighing/squeaking/barking depending on what he thinks is the urgency!

If he REALLY wants attention he bounces on the spot and stomps his front paws in a diving action!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Not having had Archie very long,we are just finding out things he does to get your attention.
Runs off with dirty washing mainly socks,this is gonna be fun in the summer,when the doors open(must not leave any dirty underwear about)
pinches your slippers off your feet,
slaps you with his feet,
nose bunting if he wants some cuddles.
Sal
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Just recently we've noticed that as the music for the weakest link begins (which we like to watch)gemma will bring her ball and put it on alternate laps or another time she'll nudge your arm with an extreamly cold nose (nearly always when your wearing short sleeves)and look at you with adorable labbie eyes, as only a labbie can, but her finally is if she really wants your attention, she seems to wait till your either deep in conversation or maybe really engrossed in a film (the edge of your seat type)and come charging through squeaking her newest and loadest squeaky toy , i carnt think of anymore at the moment but im sure gemma will once she realises she's been rumbled
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star

SNAP i forgot that one too , but its usually the tv remote , oh shoe my underwear or has even been known to be specs ............i think we must all be mad
Linda57
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-02-2006, 06:40 PM
If I'm in bed, Tess will lie accross my pillow directly above my head, then roll slowly onto me.

If she wants to go out, she just sits directly in front of me and stares......and stares. (this also works in the dark when I am in bed somehow).

When we are watching TV on the sofa she flicks my arm up with her nose, and sticks her head under.

If I fall asleep on the sofa, I wake up surrounded my all her toys

Dontcha just love 'em?

Linda
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Linda57

Dontcha just love 'em?

Linda
Not when I've just had my groin trashed by a BC nose, at high speed! That's when they learn all the bad language!

Snorri
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >