Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by AlbionLass View Post
So keeping them seperate for 28 days from when I noticed her vulva swelling won't be enough to be safe?, it's not a problem, I've no intention of letting then have unsupervised access to each other. At the moment she as been bleeding for over a week and it is still very red ( looks like there's been some terrible massacre in my kitchen, am forever mopping lol).
I know I must sound like the most hopeless irresposible owner who probably shouldn't even have dogs to you experienced bitch owners but as I've said before I've had dogs all my life but never girls, always boys so please forgive all these stupid questions. This is only going to be a one off (unless she comes back into season within 3 months of this one ending) as she will be spayed before her next heat.
Hey please don't feel like that we all have things to learn and it's good that you care enough to ask questions. That what Dogsey is all about, so fire away
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks Meganrose, that explaned it all now nobody has told us all that before, well at least she should be stopping her bleeding soon
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I too have found this all really helpful. Sydney is having her second season and has now been bleeding for 7 days.

Although I read up on it all for the first one, I seem to have forgotten a lot and so need to learn it all again.

We will be making plans for "the op" before her next one.

She is really quite clean this time around and I have not noticed too much blood at all.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi All

Katie is still bleeding it's been 11 days since we saw the first bit of blood so she may of started before we noticed.
She is very tired and not doing a lot to day just sat in the shade or in the chair, she was fine yesterday, is this because it's taking it out of her
If she is no better tomorrow or worse will take her to the vets.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Forgot to say she keeps being sick to, its a funny yellow colour.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Sounds as though she's under the weather, not season connected, I'm no expert but it never made any of my bitches sick, they were occasionally a bit more lethargic & wanting cuddles but nothing more.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Katie is so much better today, thank goodness i was sorried about her yesterday and was all ready to phone the vets this morning.
The bleeding has stopped almost now, so that will help
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi
Katie is still bleeding it is 2 weeks today she stared does that change the 21 day peroid until we can take her out as we have their first training class on the 20th May is it going to mess it up
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Have had one bitch who bled from first day to last but its not usual, are you sure you haven't missed the almost clear stage in between. 21 days is only an average so its hard to say especiallyas its her first season. Fingers crossed she'll be finished for you to take her on 20th.
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I didnt read everything so Im not sure if this was posted or not but you can put one of the diaper garments on Rosie for the season and then there isnt a chance to get pregnant, in case they are together and you turn your back, or she is outside and other dogs come around.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >