View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 09:35 AM
big congratulations,you have done really well.
I quit in Jan for 10 weeks but had a bit of a bad time and strted again,im so annoyed with myself and have also been to a quit clinic and been given my new quit date,its 4th June (not any sooner as I have a party on sat and she thinks it would be better to start after)
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Congratulations! Have never smoked myself but I can appreciate how hard it must be for you to give up. Stick with it

The lady in the bed next to me when I was in hospital had given up smoking a couple of weeks before. Well one night she really really fancied a cigarette but didn't want her husband to know, so she went outside for a sneaky one. She dropped her lighter, bent down to pick it up, slipped down the step and broke her ankle how ironic!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks all,its nice to get the encouragement off of you.I was like you Phil,I enjoyed it,but my health was deteriorating and some of it was down to smoking,so i figured that if i want the doctors to help me,i should try and help myself.

Heather just set your mind to doing it and im sure you will do it.

Good luck for the 4th of June patterlands,get your mind set again and im sure you will do it.

Mummy2Max,you gotta feel sorry for the lady really,although that did make me chuckle.But i can honestly say that although i have obviously had cravings,nothing so far has driven me to light up,and i really hope nothing will.

Well done Dolly,Keep up the good work.

Vicki you and Baz have done marvelous,thats a long time now,you must be well proud of yourselves.I do have to say though,that last time i tried to quit,the patches kept falling off and i failed (not just the patches fault i know).But these microtabs seem to be helping loads.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Well done Stamford, thats good going
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Well done Steve. Your a better person than me, ive tried too many times now and gave in, i take my hat off to you mate. Keep up the good work
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Ah well done you!!

Like Scorpio I have never smoked but know how difficult it must be. Stick with it, the worst is over now!!
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2007, 09:09 PM
By the way... lol I feel like adding that when we stop smoking, our dogs should get some of the credit for helping us. (here I go again... lol) Not only are they very supportive, but it's proven walking decreses our cravings to light one up. Who knew?

Anyways, really big congrats Great job!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Congratulations on sailing past the dreaded day 4!!! Have you got your sense of smell back yet? Keep going Stamford - you will get to the point where you really aren't bothered by it any more!

Jenny - non-smoker since 10/07/03
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
oh well done I do admire you. I have to give up because of health complications. My asthma nurse suggested I went to the no smoking clinic as well so may give this a try. You should be really proud of yourself.
You might as well go and see what they say!

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I enjoy it (which is the problem) but would love to be a none smoker.
And you'd enjoy that too - eventually!

Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post

Igave up just over 1oweeks ago after major surgery , i still get the odd craving but stick with it as it does get easier with every passing day and you will feel better for it
Good work Dolly! 10 weeks is a massive deal!

Originally Posted by patterlands View Post
big congratulations,you have done really well.
I quit in Jan for 10 weeks but had a bit of a bad time and strted again,im so annoyed with myself and have also been to a quit clinic and been given my new quit date,its 4th June (not any sooner as I have a party on sat and she thinks it would be better to start after)
Good luck with it P! Don't beat yourself up about starting again - it's so easy when times are tough! Just think of your experience as a trial run, and now you're going for the real thing. In preparation, try to come up with ways to avoid that slippery slope in future
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 10:47 AM
i see there is a new drug coming out in about three weeks time to help ppl quit smoking also
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2