Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 12:41 AM

Name the pup, help needed,

Hi everyone
help needed, Lorraine has still not found a name that suits the pup, so her temp name of baby roo is still in place,
Here is some photos of the wee sole, just though mabey you lot may be able to come up with a name that suits her,
the two other dogs Lorraine own's are called paddy (cs) and kizzy (rot)

Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I would say Max, Max and Paddy No doubt there will be better names, but thats my choice, it goes well with paddy and its an "old fashioned" dogs name.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 12:47 AM
What about Ruby? Just extend the rooo add a be.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I would say Max, Max and Paddy No doubt there will be better names, but thats my choice, it goes well with paddy and its an "old fashioned" dogs name.
stormey the pup is a girl any more idea's I like old fashioned names too lol, but the only problem with them is you shout max / sam / ben or similar when your out with the dog and 5 turn up all happy that someone knows there name,
I can norm come up with the odd name but for some reason my mind is blank, to be honest I quite like Roo, and in tiggers mate the kanga-roo
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
What about Ruby? Just extend the rooo add a be.

good one muttzrule, like your way of thinking, most folk think of a name, then think what will it be shortened to but gettin ruby from roo is a good one,
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
stormey the pup is a girl any more idea's I like old fashioned names too lol, but the only problem with them is you shout max / sam / ben or similar when your out with the dog and 5 turn up all happy that someone knows there name,
I can norm come up with the odd name but for some reason my mind is blank, to be honest I quite like Roo, and in tiggers mate the kanga-roo
I always think of max as a name for boys and girls, as for other names most rotties i know have always been named after boxers, not very original but you could maybe go for laila after laila ali daughter of Muhammad.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 01:12 AM
cheers stormey, thanks I guess max could be for either dog or bitch, I know what you mean about the boxer thing, I prefer something a bit softer or more quirky, even worse is the rotts who have to go through life being called satan or similar, guess it says more about the person that named the dog,
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
cheers stormey, thanks I guess max could be for either dog or bitch, I know what you mean about the boxer thing, I prefer something a bit softer or more quirky, even worse is the rotts who have to go through life being called satan or similar, guess it says more about the person that named the dog,
I agree, i am not keen when people call there dogs after a boxer just to make it sound tough, but i am a boxing fan so would name mine after all the greats, saying that i always get out voted

With regards to Laila i think it is quite soft sounding and not automaticly linked to a boxer, it also means Dark beauty, which imo little roo is.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Im hopeless with names but Shes an absolute little stunner.
I like Ruby as well, were thinking of calling our new pup that.
Whats her pedigree name Libby got her name from Angel of Liberty
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I agree, i am not keen when people call there dogs after a boxer just to make it sound tough, but i am a boxing fan so would name mine after all the greats, saying that i always get out voted

With regards to Laila i think it is quite soft sounding and not automaticly linked to a boxer, it also means Dark beauty, which imo little roo is.

Laila is a very sweet name, hopefully lorraine will get online tomorow ya never know it could be the one,
my OH wanted to call Kaos (panic) can you imagine the way people would behave, Kaos was our 4th rott, and when he was just pup, Tegan 3rd to come was only 6 weeks older, so we had two adults then two pups came within weeks of each other, I used to walk them all together as the older two are very well trained, which in turn brings the pups on,
If rounding a bend and seeing someone coming toward you with four rotts off lead, you then hear the owner shouting PANIC, can you imagine, people would be over walls, up trees, jumping into the path of moving cars and the like
my OH had not really thought of that,
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »