View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Not really - over time i've had many different breeds!

When i was about 10 we had a lovely cockapoo!!! but back then there was no such thing! haha he was just a scruffy cute mongrel
we had a pedigreed american rogue cocker spaniel too - but he was PTS sadly because he was very violent, bit my younger sister in the face and the vet reckoned he had red rage fever very heartbreaking, i still cry over that dog sometimes

we also had a GSD when i was small along with labradors, pointers, chihuahua crosses etc....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 01:42 PM
I have had one BC, my first dog, then a couple of years later I got a GSD, then came the rescue rottie, {where my love of the breed began} then two rescue bullmastiffs, while I still had a BM, my GSD, royce my first breeder rottie came,, the rest is history,
I cant see me being without one now,
have a picture in my head of me being very old, with my large rottie walking down the street,, lol
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I have particular breeds that i either always come back to or desperately want in the future including:
wolfhounds, deerhounds, dobermans and i always have terriers of some description.
But a lot of the other dogs i have had have been rescues so there's been a real mix.
I couldn't really pin point why i love the breeds i come back to but they are always extra special to me although having said that i am not sure i would take on a wolf hound again. Wonderful dogs but man their size does take a lot of consideration!!!
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2008, 02:51 PM
As I child I grew up with a white boxer bitch (Suki), a miniature poodle, standard poodle and toy poodle. Sadly these have all passed away now.

I now own 3 Irish Setters (father, son & "uncle"). My husband was very keen to have an Irish Setter so that's how we got to where we are today.

In the future I am not sure what will happen - I am very keen on the Gordon Setter, Irish Red & White Setter (which is quite rare now), Weimeraner, Springer Spaniel and Welsh Springer Spaniel but my hubby is keen to stick to the Irish Setter (we will see who wins that battle!!).
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I love Boxers - they are so comical and human-like, they love cuddles, but love to run around like loonies

I'd always want at least 1 in my life (and lets face it, I'd have 4 or 5 if I was allowed!!) but I also like Great Danes, Wolfhounds, Utonagans, Newfies and Ridgebacks, so would have those as well

(Oh yes, and would have a bigger house too, please, if anyone has one going spare!)
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5