View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Simba, 2 1/2 year old Sable German Shepherd needs home!

History: DOB Aug 06 one family losing their home

Salient points: Well trained; Proven with small children; dogs inside and out. Only dog (if not left) or join companion dog.

Advert: Simba joined his family as a pup with their young female Shepherd. She mothered him and taught him everything she knew. Simba was always submissive and grew into a wonderful example of his breed. He is newly neutered, vax'd and chipped.

Simba has a sable coat which means he has the light colour under his black tipped fur. He is obedient and respects his family's rules and wishes, enjoys off lead management and a loving family with young children who he really cares for. His Shepherd partner was homed last week and he is managing to "find himself" as an only dog so could manage any scenario. Currently living with his family in Redhill Surrey. They are soon to lose their home and are eager for Simba to be settled in a secure family.

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Aww good luck Simba. It could be the angle of the photo, but he looks black/gold, not sable? Not that it matters, he is gorgeous and I hope he finds a permanent, loving home really soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Simba went into foster today with a very strong view to homing. We are removing his thread.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
With the best will in the world Simba's Foster with a view to homing hasn't worked out so he is now fostered and looking for a forever home again. The dynamics were good between himself and his dog partner Hally in everyway except outside. Hally can be a little intimidating when foot loose and fancy free and Simba, whilst a sedating force, has found it fun to run up and challenge people. What we knew and now understand is Simba is not going to be the leader and therefore role model. He has always been the one to follow, support and 'be led'.

So on a positive note Simba is still having a great time, but outside exercise is too challenging. There are children in the family which adds stress on the situation. Despite going to 3 different trainers, we have all acknowledged and agreed Simba is ready for his next move.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Good luck gorgeous Simba, I am sure there is a perfect home out there just waiting for you.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-04-2009, 08:58 PM
An update on Simba …

Just thought I would post some up-to-date pics and post that Simba is fine with other dogs once he gets to know them. A couple of dogs we meet regularly he doesn't even take notice of anymore. He just needs to be introduced in a calm way to them. (Hally is just too mad when she greets others, but we do love her to bits!)

Relaxing in front of the fire, safe distance away from 3 legged Boss cat Molly!

This is Simba's typical look at you - adorable!

On a walk in Black Park, you can still see his ribs, but he is getting more muscular now. He will be a big boy once filled out.

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh my word, look at that gorgeous face!

Heres to hoping he won't be waiting too long.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:03 AM
GOSH How gorgeous is he.............thumbs up he's not waiting to long for that forever home
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Isn't he gorgeous x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 10:53 AM
He made my heart go pittar patter but I am not allowed another and I don't think my crazy Fudge would be the guiding light he needs.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >