Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Maybe it's pidgeon kisses lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Lol! Or even crow cr*p coz they seem to favour the bonnet of my car which I park right near this other tubular white tipped poo on the gravel! Lol!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I would have said Fox or Badger, if it's very dark, almost black it's from an animal that has eaten something with a lot of blood, but then I doubt a Badger would climb on Dave's bonnet
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-04-2008, 07:57 PM
FWIW I would say 'probably' fox - I've been told they like to clime on things e.g. the car 'tho the paw prints you describe could be a cat. TBH I don't think the 'white tip' you describe on the poo is of much significance.

One of you will have to stay awake and look out when the security lights come on
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Birds poo tend to have white in them but it sounds like a fox to me as cat poo is just like dogs but smaller. Cats as mentioned will bury there mess. If you are not sure you can get these high pitched fox scarers my parents had one. Or try the cat pepper stuff it might work.

If that doesn't work would it be possible to put up some sort of netting kind of like cat proofing your garden but instead of keeping cats in it would keep them out. Not sure if it would be feasible with the birds but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

best of luck

Ndidi
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys The concensous of opinion then is that it's a fox, but Dave said there's no way a fox would bother to jump a 6ft high fence, and in fact, around the back there, the fence is even higher, more like 10ft. because of the slope we're on, and there's no way there are any holes anywhere for it to crawl under and we have brand new 6ft. high fencing all around the whole of the property. He still says it's a cat because a cat WOULD jump a high fence like ours anywhere around the property.

I won't do the plastic fence spikes because of the squirrels that run along the top (and the cats I suppose! even though Dave suggested carpet gripper!!!! Perish the thought!) So I'm now looking into these cat scarers.

There is ONE scarer which is actually recommended by the RSPB it's on their website and it won't affect the dog or the birds. Apparently you have to go for the "infra'red" as opposed to the "ultrasound" ones because the dogs and foxes can hear the ultrasound, whereas they can't hear the infra-red. I don't wan't anything that will affect my dog or even the fox come to that, coz he was here first, we live in the Country but I do want to stop the blooming cat from ruining my new decking which I've just taken the trouble to stain (it's smooth too, like a wooden floor so the scratches really show!)ruining the paintwork on Dave's very expensive car, and cr*pping on my lovely new chippings!! Yes I do! Sorry, but it can c*ap and scratch in it's own garden and leave my birds alone!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks guys The concensous of opinion then is that it's a fox, but Dave said there's no way a fox would bother to jump a 6ft high fence,
Helena, around here the foxes are pretty smart, we've seen their pooh on the top of those big straw bales (The farmers leave them in the fields for months) they go after the chickens of course and I've been told the farmers have just given up, they know they'll loose x per cent each year to foxes and just accept it as part of life

But like you say the paw prints on the car and the scratches on the decking do point to a cat.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2