Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2017, 06:44 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 18th July

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all in fine fettle both two and four legged friends.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all SAFE and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Goo morning Moyra and all who follow

I did a silly thing Harvey and cut the canes down on my bush so no flowers this year but hopefully next year. I didn't realise they fruited on the canes produced the year before Never mind enjoy yours.

Hope Dex is ok Griff. Sending you all hugs.

Lovely morning here and forecast to be really hot this afternoon. Planning on doing a little bit in the garden this morning and then relaxing this afternoon

Hope everyone both tow and four legged are keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Nice breeze here but do believe it is going to get warmer as the day goes on.
Shame about the canes sue but plenty to look forward to next year as you say.

griff hope Dex got on ok.

Well better get on with some housework.
Gill at hospital today on hot coals wondering what her news will be.

Hope everyone is well and all two four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Morning all
Lynn, fingers crossed for Gill
So sorry, yesterday was a bit of a mad rush...O.k so, Dex's blood pressure is borderline high, his thyroid is 61 normal top end is 60 and his lft is raised and something with his potassium again...he had all this with his thyroid before which now indicates his left thyroid is failing... we are awaiting his blood test results and then will try and find a treatment to sort him out
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
I did a silly thing Harvey and cut the canes down on my bush so no flowers this year but hopefully next year. I didn't realise they fruited on the canes produced the year before Never mind enjoy yours.
Join the club I have done more 'silly things' than I care to admit In fact it was lack of time (or laziness as SWMBO tells me) that I didn't look at the canes, just re-potted it in a bigger container and more or less forgot it

For once luck was on my side and as I said quite a few fruits, not huge amounts, two small plastic bowls so far.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Hahaha Harvey...best thing to do, i reckon nature is pretty good at taking care of itself....mind, i only have 2 plants in my back garden Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gill at hospital today on hot coals wondering what her news will be.
Difficult for you. I expect you are running through various 'news' and trying to think what is the best response. So hard, but keep positive.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
Dex's blood pressure is borderline high, his thyroid is 61 normal top end is 60 and his lft is raised and something with his potassium again........... we are awaiting his blood test results and then will try and find a treatment to sort him out
Poor old Dex, hope there is some treatment they can give him.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hahaha Harvey...best thing to do,
Thanks Griff, it has worked out OK but generally my wife says when I have a pair of secateurs in my hand I am a danger to humanity

I am having a quick lunch, Casey has come in and positioned himself behind my chair, as soon as I make the slightest move he'll know it's w-a-l-k-i-e-s and start to get all excited

Well that's it, put the plate to one side, had a drink of water, and I swear he knows Starts with the whine and builds up to barking, that's when I have to put him in the car while I get my boots on and prepare his water.

Lara is such a perfect dog by comparison, she just waits until called and never any fuss.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2017, 02:19 PM
sounds like my house Harvey...if i go to the loo and have my mobile with me it starts...x2 lol drives me mental
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone hope the four legged friends are all ok. The water ingress into Steve's bedroom would appear to be from the kitchen of the flat upstairs and it is running across the ceiling down the door to the lounge. Steve has asked the lady upstairs to check her machines but we have had nothing back from her or the Housing Association. I have written a full report to the landlady and hope we shall hear something soon. We need to get out of here pronto!

I hope Dex, Casey and Dillon and Buster is ok. It is worrying when our four legged friends are all in trouble. Amber was limping this morning so she may need checking out too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >