Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2010, 10:52 PM

Running is improving

I've been persuaded to enter for the Loch Ness 5km run on 3rd October. Training has started in earnest and tonight I ran 2km...kind of. Ran 200 metres and walked 100 metres. Took me 51 minutes to run the 2km.

Quite proud of myself until a mate told me he runs the same distance in 7 minutes.....oh well...I just need to work at it a bit more..
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2010, 11:42 PM
You've plenty of time to get practicing before October. If you try hard you might be able to beat your mates 7 minutes

You should be proud of yourself running the 2km even if it did take you 51 minutes, you're bound to be slower if you're not used to doing anything like that.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 07:44 AM
That's great news, you feel so good when it becomes noticeably easier don't you? A few weeks ago we joined our local mountain bike club. The first ride nearly killed me - didn't think I could go back. I forced myself to and last week even overtook a couple of other members when going uphill! Keep up the good work!