Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 09:54 PM

Cruelty? (Graphic link!)

I just got sent this link. And i felt sick reading it. ITs probably the worst case of horse cruelty i've ever seen, and thats because it was done intentionally

This poor mare has suffered from a condition that caused her pasterns to drop with her three previous foals, and for some reason i cant even begin to attempt to understand, the selfish idiots bred her again NEedless to say, halfway through her pregnancy her pasterns gave way, ruptured ligaments, tendons, burst blood vessels... They put her in a sling. For months. No doubt in agony, just to get the foal from her. She was put to sleep once it was born. Can you imagine what that poor horse must have been thinking??

Here's the link to the full story. But a warning - it is graphic and will probably either upset you or make you very, very angry!!!

http://web.archive.org/web/200503072...e/miracle_.htm
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Unfortunatly I've seen this way too many times at my sisters equine rescue
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Thats just sick, some people are wronge in the head
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I can't bear to look - some things just stay with me. The poor animal, it is unspeakable that she put through this - I hope she is resting in peace...

Wys
xxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Those people should be shot.

No sorry scratch that, that would be far too humane for them.

RIP Tui, free from your heartless, selfish owners.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 12:57 AM
I couldnt actually beleive what i was reading, it seemed that they actually thought they had done nothing wrong...am i missing something?!
Have you contacted them at all?. I am tempted to, but not sure if it would acheive anything?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 07:13 AM
The way i read it, all they seemed to be concerned with is what an INCONVENIENCE it was for them to have this foal-producing-machine break on them and they had to go to the effort of strapping her up in a sling to get their foal before they could kill her.

Reading further on the website i found a quote which really annoyed me... This was after the foal was born and that poor mare was trying to feed it....:

"Tui struggled to a sternal position, looking for her baby. She nickered softly. She had no milk. There was no hope of her being able to nurse her baby. Her ruptured legs, still encased in bloody wraps oozing with infection, would not hold her up. Time and again she struggled to get to her feet."

They moan and whine about changing her bandages daily in the original link, but somehow they're suddenly seeping with infection. Thank god their not in this country!!!!!

I was tempted to contact them, but they really wouldn't care. They did this to that poor horse with no remorse, an email isn't going to make them think twice about doing it again sadly
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
I am still tempted to email, but i know what your saying. Think i need to calm down first and take some of Patches advise