Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-07-2007, 08:09 PM

Big Softie

Went for a 'mooch' with the dogs in our local wood this morning. Its only a five minute walk from where i live. Theres everything there a dog could want, rats, squirrels, rabbits and the odd fox. Brambles you could hide a house in and patches of ferns the size of football pitches. The dogs love it. Once on the sent of some furry creature there off like a couple of lunatics. Some hunts can last up to 10 minutes, and after an hour of this the dogs are completely wrecked. This morning however, fly tried an old fox earth that hasn't been used for a while, and Charlie was at home. Even young Paddock joined in, baying for all she was worth, safely hiding behind Fly. After some 20 minutes they both appeared back at the entrance, filthy and exhausted. Ive just got back from there evening outing, much the same thing as this morning, albeit Charlie has decided to look for a quieter accommodation They've been fed and watered, what more could any dog ask for!!! But no, theres just no peace for the wicked. Fly has spent the last (long) 5 minutes staring at me while I'm trying to look to see who's on line. Ive picked her up and shes been laying on her back moaning and groaning like some demented lap dog. I wouldn't dare tell my mates that my killer dog gets cuddles every night. But to be honest i get just as bigger kick out of our ' loving time' as i get out of watching her work. Hey and don't go calling me Mr Softy...ok
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 09:02 PM
But to be honest i get just as bigger kick out of our ' loving time' as i get out of watching her work. Hey and don't go calling me Mr Softy...ok
... and why not? Nothing wrong with that! Although having read your profile I could see some stick coming your way from your work colleagues, tough lot that they must be! Don't worry, you're secret's safe with us - all 6,000 of us!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 12:21 PM
HI MR SOFTIE great to find a bloke whos not afraid to admit he's got a soft side ,good for you sounds like your dogs are having a whale of a time .
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Typical. trust a woman to pick on a defenseless Man lol
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Hmm, I bet the fox doesn't think you are a softie!!!