Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2013, 05:49 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

I seem to be first up as I forgot to switch the alarm on last night so overslept and it did not seem worth having another snooze afterwards. I have to telephone the vet as soon as it opens to check what time to take Da Booga for her blood test today - it depends on whether Ram is operating this morning as to the time I will take her.

Just got washing to do today, which if I shift myself should be done before going to the surgery, then the rest of the day of doing my usual nothing!

Hope everyone has a good day and that you and your four-legged ones manage to keep cool.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Morning Malka.
I hope all goes well at the vet today. I have washing too today one thing is certain it will dry.

I was up at 6am and have already been out with Dillon it was already hot. He had a trek round the field and some silliness not his usual amount he wanted to get home. Not sure if that was to check Gorden is here or because he was already feeling the heat. Just finished brushing all the grass seeds out of his coat.
He is now laying in the garden waiting for his breakfast.

Have a safe Sunday everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if it is going to be hotter than yesterday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Morning Malka, Lynn and all who follow,

Yesterday was a very long hot 12hrs in the heat at the show yesterday, but if its helped just one more greyhound to find a home then it was worth it.

Lily has had her walk this morning and I am feeling really tired. But no rest for the wicked as they say, because I have a pile of washing to do, lots of housework and need to go shopping for me and for lily's food, before heading of to my youngest sons in Maldon this afternoon for a BBQ for his birthday.

Malka I hope the blood tests go ok and results are good for Pereg.

Have a good day everyone and take care in the heat.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Malka, Lynn, Bev and everyone

Well done Malka for getting the Daily up so early and I hope it doesn't get too hot for you over there today, cos it sure is gonna be hot here, but of course, we're not as used to it as you are, although I must be getting acclimatised to it as I even had to put my dressing gown on at 9pm last night, when it went down to 20 out there Hope those blood tests are all good for Pereg

Oh Lynn, I'm so sorry there was nothing that gave you the wow factor yesterday I was like that at first, and although Dave was of the opinion that this house was purely cosmetic especially as we had a full survey done which didn't come out too bad, we really did open a can of worms once he got started. It also has to "hit" you on the entrance doesn't it, that this is definitely the one! I even had that with Van 2 when I walked in it, I said it the minute I walked in the door having seen 5 others before it. This house made me go all quiet, Dave was worried I didn't like it, but it had so much of that wow factor for me that it shut me up, cos I thought we could never afford to buy this and be mortgage free Far too cheap compared to what I had been viewing at the other end of the county. Maybe you should consider asking those agents about changing your area slightly, to get a better deal if you CAN of course. Sometimes, just a 5 mile radius can make all the difference, but then the reason for that would be to the detriment of Gorden of course, but if like Dave, he's going to do the 4 nights away each week, then it shouldn't really make a lot of difference to give him those few extra miles? I feel for you Lynn, cos I had this, but it is out there somewhere, you just gotta find it.

So, so hot yesterday darn sarf, we reached the 30's on one channel but then we were 28 on t'other, but today is going to be even hotter at 32 and I'm not looking forward to that thanks!

Did the vans yesterday, both guests have stayed put, so hopefully all is ok. I might pop up and introduce myself to them both and see if everything is ok, just in case it's not lol!

I did so much washing yesterday, but at least I managed to dry it all in this glorious weather and tomorrow night I will iron it all ready for next week-end. I can't understand why TWO people use both bedrooms I do it at a cheap price for two cos I don't have that extra washing and hassle, and then they go and use it all. One room is empty without any bedding, so they can dump their stuff in there, as per the notice on the door of that room, but no, they dump it on my lovely newly made up beds in the 2nd bedroom Maybe they put the two dogs in the spare room lol!

Hope everyone is good today along with the doglets and they're staying cool in this heat. We're off down the beach in a mo cos the tide is perfect and Zena will enjoy a good swim cos it's hot out there already, dripping hot in fact.

Enjoy your week-end everyone.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning all. It looks a tad chilly up here in Newcastle today. I've not been out yet but it's very dull & overcast. It went quite cold when we were out last night so glad I took a Cardie with me just in case.
We ended up going for a Chinese buffet last night. We all stuffed ourselves silly - got to get the money's worth Nobody else is up yet so I've just had breckie & catching up on here.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

14-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Lynn - I have decided to leave the washing until tomorrow as I do not feel like moving at the moment! There is not that much and it can wait until tomorrow as my nikkie drawer is still half full! Vet appointment at 1pm [pity it cannot be earlier before Da Booga starts nagging for the food she cannot have until the blood test] and David will be picking us up at 12.40pm

Bev - oh dear, another one making me feel guilty about my procrastination kicking in about doing my washing. I hope that your long day yesterday brings good results.

Enjoy the BBQ this afternoon and Happy Birthday to your son.

Nechda - I sort of hung around hoping for some else to start the Daily thread but in the end thought I might as well do it! As for the heat - I do not think I will ever get used to it - they say that the first few years you really love the heat but then your blood starts to thin and the heat gets more and more unbearable the longer you are here. This is my 29th summer here and I cannot wait for winter again!

I wonder why the two people used both bedrooms? Maybe they thought they might as well take advantage of it - and of you.

Lynne - a Chinese buffet sounds great - pity there are no Chinese takeaways here. Can I have some of your "tad chilly" weather please - the temperature according to the clock next to me says 30°C already and it will be roasting when I have to take Pereg to the vet. Just getting to the car and then into the surgery will wipe me out.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 08:00 AM

Morning Malka, Lynn Bev, Helena, Taffsmum and all that follow.
Well I must be out of my mind, I have got all the crew coming for lunch again When will I learn to say no
Hope you all have a good day, stay cool!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Morning everyone, I have just put my whites in the machine but not sure there is sufficient colours to warrant a second wash.

Lynn at least as you say they will definitely dry. Sorry you didn't find anything suitable in your home hunting yesterday.

Helena, it may be that they use separate bedrooms at home. A lot of people do now and especially in this hot weather. Shame it makes you extra work though.

Malka, I hope the visit to the vets goes ok. I don't know how you stand those temperatures out there 30c+ is too much for me and I wouldn't be surprised if it went quite a bit higher today as it was very hot when I took Amber out early this morning.

Hope everyone else has a good day and manages to stay cool. Take care everyone in this heat. God bless.
Meg
Supervisor

14-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Good morning fellow members just had a lovely walk with Chloe before it gets too hot.

I too slept very badly, I think my neighbors are finding it hard to sleep in the heat and I can hear people and dogs about at all hours.

I went babysitting last evening and at 10 pm there was a power cut. My son's neighbours were outside discussing it very loudly, the dogs barked and woke the children . Thank goodness I had a light on my mobile phone and made it up the stairs without breaking my neck.
I now know where the torch is kept

Have a pleasant day everyone .
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Good morning all
Malka, fingers crossed for Perag,hope it goes well xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >