Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 06:55 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

Sorry, but I haven't had time to catch up with anything, as not only was I very busy yesterday, but Dave moved the puter into the lounge and the printer had lost its wireless connection, so it took a while to sort that out, then lunch, then some friends popped over and by the time they left, the day had gone.

Hope everyone is doing well along with the doglets and I'll try and catch up later, but then we're off out this morning, then I've booked a pub lunch cos we need a good talk along with a good old relax together out of this house, otherwise Dave will just be picking up more tools.

Glorious sunny day, let's hope it lasts and I hope you've got the same.

Zena's just chucked up again underneath the table (why does she always have to go under something ). That's the 3rd bile chuckup in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to have to log it for the vet. She's eaten a couple of markies, but I can't feed her much because we'll be off out for a walk soon and I never like take her out with food inside her. She's fine again now though, it's all so odd this stomach of hers. What I don't like is how much she heaves and heaves and heaves, before anything comes up.

Anyway, that's my problems, hope you don't have any, so enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Morning

We decided to have a tidy up yesterday but only managed one room! The clutter in this place - I despair. I guess we'll have another go today and Steve wants to get on with some jobs around the house ... well I want him to actually, I don't think he's noticed the skirting that needs sorting or the trailing wire, etc. Maybe you can send Dave over Helena because he likes to be doing things doesn't he?

Apart from that it's a walk and keeping the kids occupied. My mum is having them for a bit tomorrow - I think we need a bit of time together too and it just doesn't happen with the children running around.

I hope your lunch is really successful Helena and that you both enjoy it.

Have a lovely day everyone.
xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Morning Linda Sounds like you've got the declutter bug too there Linda, but I can't send Dave over cos he's having a much needed day off. Trailing wires is my biggest bugbear, everything should be wireless shouldn't it. When you cleared that one room, you didn't move it all into another did ya???!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Morning Helena. Poor Zena I hope it all settles down soon.
You have a lovely day for going out and your pub lunch if its like it is here your way.
I hope you can both relax and chat and clear the air.

I am off to visit a nursing home today and if its nice book the 1 available room it seems the care home don't want mum back and we all feel this breathing problem will happen again sooner rather than later so we may as well sort it now and hopefully this will be the last time. I didn't envisage sorting this again in less than a year.
I may pop in to see Gill for 1/2 hour on the way back through.

Enjoy your long weekend everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning H and all,

Beautiful sunny day, although the wind is cold if you get out of the sun. Today is the Great Greyhound Extravaganza at Animal Health Trust in Newmarket. 100's of greyhounds and their owners from all over come to it, its a fabulous day. Wish I could be there, but not trusting my car at the moment and the front brake pads need doing so must save the money for them.
Instead I will be cutting my grass today and doing the garden.
Think I might see if my sons and Charly are free in the morning as its bank holiday and we can all go for a Toby Carvery breakfast.

Hope you and Dave enjoy your lunch today H and manage to get Dave to unwind, relax and talk.

Just thinking perhaps a bonio would be better for Zena in the mornings to help her acid tummy. Its more like us having a peice of dry toast, wheras a Markie is probably more like us having some sweets and may agrevate it. I may be wrong, but just seems right to me somehow.

Have a good day everyone whatever your plans.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2013, 07:49 AM

Having spent most of yesterday either in bed or on the throne I never did manage any ketchup so apologies if I missed something important.

Must try to do better today [sounds like an end of term report!]

Have a good Sunday everyone and I hope the sun shines on you all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn, Bev and fellow members,

A beautiful sunny morning here. The radio says it could be as warm as 22 degrees but the Met Office clearly says 19 .... still it will be lovely . We are out for a late lunch party at neighbours (about 5 doors along) at 2.00 but I will probably have to dash back and feed the boys soon after 4. The trouble is then leaving them again as they'll go crazy I might have to feed them something before I go and just give them a late meal .... oh decisions, decision I also have no idea what to wear ...... not sure anything 'smartish' fits me anymore Off to walk the dogs soon and then hunting through my clothes.

Helena - I hope Zena is OK and you have a lovely pub lunch with Dave.

Lynn - Good luck visiting the nursing home and I hope it'll be suitable for your Mum. Enjoy your Dillon walk today.

Bev - What a shame you'll miss the 'greys' day, but you are being sensible not risking the journey if your brakes are dodgy. I hope you enjoy your day and get the jobs done in the garden .... and some chill time.

See you later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Malka - However fast I type, someone always sneaks in ...... YOU this time I hope you are feeling better today ((hugs)).
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning all. Glorious day here again today.
Have a good lunch with Dave Helena. Hope you can have a good chat & sort stuff out.
Good luck at the Nursing home Lynn. Hope you mum is ok if she moves in there.
Enjoy your breakfast at the carvery Bev. I fancy one of those.
The day hasn't started very well for me. I was putting some bird food out & stepped back & squelch. Straight into some dog poo. all over my slippers so had to scrape it off & put the hosepipe on them. OH was killing himself laughing when he found out.
We are going to a garden centre this morning OH wants to look at some sweatshirts etc at the Edinburgh Wool Mill in there - says he needs some for the hols. This holiday is going to cost me a fortune what with the holiday itself - the kennel costs for Taff - his injections - got some Euros yesterday & now new clothes. It had better be worth it.
OH spent the day on the Mersey yesterday at the Battle of the Atlantic celebrations - said it was absolutely packed at the Pier head. He kept away from there though. He's going again on Tuesday to watch all the ships leave.
Hello to everyone that comes in later. Have a lovely Sunday & enjoy the sun.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Hello the early birds and everyone else that follows!
It is a smashing day here today, makes such a nice change.
It's the usual today, cooking lunch for the family, only 5 today though
I will be dipping on and out during proceedings and back tonight for a chat.
Have a good day all.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »