View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Lucky girl,having you taking such good care of her.Keeping everything crossed that the meds work and she's feeling better soon(( hugs))
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2015, 06:11 AM
Thanks Eileen, the poor girl is struggling in the heat but air con running most of the time.. washed her off quite well last night but just as bad again this morning. She did have some more burgers and sausages last night ( well it is BBQ weather, lol ). vet here again at 11 for second injection.. She seems to be perky in herself so fingers crossed she will be fine soon..
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2015, 08:44 PM
Everything crossed here that she will soon be on the mend xx
supaflyskye
New Member!
Female 

08-07-2015, 09:46 PM
sounds simply awful. fingers crossed that everything turns out as planned. best of luck!
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Thank you all. well it seems the infection is nearly gone as she is actually losing some clear blood as well and not just puss this morning and the awful smell has almost gone too also she had a good hose down and shampoo at her back end.. might make her feel a bit better too.. Her eyes are clearer and she seems a bit happier in herself.. going the right way but still a long way to go with 2 more injections anti biotic and more tablets .. We have decided that if her heart is strong enough to have her spayed once the infection has cleared up and it's not so hot anymore.. Will be a keyhole surgery to just take the ovaries out which will stop a re-occurrence of pyometra.. fingers crossed that she will have a full recovery..
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Sounds as if you are on the right track for her. Poor girly hope it is over soon for her and she feels back to normal.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
Thank you all. well it seems the infection is nearly gone as she is actually losing some clear blood as well and not just puss this morning and the awful smell has almost gone too also she had a good hose down and shampoo at her back end.. might make her feel a bit better too.. Her eyes are clearer and she seems a bit happier in herself.. going the right way but still a long way to go with 2 more injections anti biotic and more tablets .. ]We have decided that if her heart is strong enough to have her spayed once the infection has cleared up and it's not so hot anymore.. Will be a keyhole surgery to just take the ovaries out which will stop a re-occurrence of pyometra.. fingers crossed that she will have a full recovery..
Hi Eva glad to hear things are progressing so well.
I have never gone down the medication route, the bitches I have have lost all had closed pyometra so it was not an option.

I think you are wise to have the operation one the infection has fully cleared.
Wishing your girl well.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Thank you Brenda , hope so too and Meg, I had 1 bitch with closed pyometra and the operation was a success but the poison had already spread to her kidneys etc and she never came home. The younger girl I have now, had her ovaries removed at 9 months old, just because of the risk of pyometra.. strangely enough, I have had bitches all my life and only ever had 2 girls with this problem.. but learned a lot from it ( good and bad ) just feel apprehensive with an op looming ahead and hope that she pulls through it.. but also know that it is the only way to go.. x
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 04:44 PM
How is your girly now?
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Hi Brenda, thank you for asking... she is doing great.. nearly all the yucky stuff has come out and she is eating well and back to her old self.. She will get the final injection tomorrow and she will be on tablets for another 2 weeks after.. then we will wait and hopefully she will be well enough for the operation to remove her ovaries in a little while.. worried about that as she does not like to get in the car and we will lift her in too and of course the operation in itself but we worry about that nearer the time.. now we just enjoy her being well again x
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >