Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kate Smith
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by rich c
Sitting here now, If I stop stroking Jake's ears and scratching his head, hew either sticks his nose under my arm, or whacks me with his paw!
Ruud is half lab and he does exactly that. He will also push himself under the desk as you work, you find that you move your chair further and further away from the desk and then his head is in your lap as if to say, hi you can give me a cuddle now!!

I heard my husband the other day say to Ruud "Now stop it, I won't tell you again, be a good boy now" I heard him repeat this several times, and eventually went to find out what was going on. It really was very funny, (and yes dogs are the cleverest things on the planet), as my husband sat at his desk working on the computer, the mouse mat hung invitingly close to his nose and Ruud was ever so gently pulling it out from under the mouse with his teeth.

I had a blind friend who smoked a pipe, he had a lab as a guide dog. Bob was very clever at filling, and lighting his pipe however, just for fun Jess his dog would often ever so gently nudge his arm as he put the tobacco into his pipe. Of course the tobacco went everywhere.

Best wishes Kate and Ruud.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Vegas just howls-infact you can have a right old sing-a-long with him!

He rarely barks and i can count the times he has on both hands in the 8 months of having him.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Ozzy is sock-snaffler too, but he doesn't do it for attention, he just adores the feel of them and mouths them until soggy.

If caught he will hide his head behind the sofa, like as if you can't see him just cos he can't see you (and this breed is supposed to be intelligent!! )
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4