Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by AmyH-Cornwall View Post
I have just spoke to my Dad and Monty seems a lot better!

He says that he has been playing and is now up and looking for food! I think I am going to give the vets a ring and see what they say!

He hasn't been sick and has been drinking some water! What do you think I should get my Dad to feed him??
Just read this....ring your vet hun and ask thier advice over the phone, they will advise you....
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Think taking him to the vets is the best advice, he is still very young....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Think taking him to the vets is the best advice, he is still very young....
Agree Me too , but at least he is drinking that good.

Hope you get him sorted hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Definately into the vets....always better safe than sorry

Let us know how you get on.
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Just rung the vets and have an appointment for 5pm tonight! They said that because he has perked up a bit it will be fine to take him in then! But to ring and go in earlier if he gets worse again!

This should be ok shouldn't it? - I am such a worrier!

Thanks for your support and advice everyone!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2010, 12:06 PM
This should be ok shouldn't it? - I am such a worrier!

Thanks for your support and advice everyone!
Hi Amy don't worry puppies frequently have upset tummies, they eat rubbish and have immature immune systems and so easily pick bugs up (just like small children).

Because they are puppies with few reserves they can go down hill fast and become dehydrated that is why a vet visit is advisable .

Equally they can pick up again quite quickly then small frequent meals of a bland diet to rest a sore tummy is the way to go (just a couple of spoons at a time of boiled rice and fish or chicken and more a couple of hours later if it stays down) .After a day of no vomiting gradually add the normall food to the rice mix over a number of days.

It is inportant water is availible at all times but to prevent it being gulped down and coming back up it is better to put a small amout down and keep topping it up .

Monty is such a sweetheart, I hope he is better soon.
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Amy don't worry puppies frequently have upset tummies, they eat rubbish and have immature immune systems and so easily pick bugs up (just like small children).

Because they are puppies with few reserves they can go down hill fast and become dehydrated that is why a vet visit is advisable .

Equally they can pick up again quite quickly then small frequent meals of a bland diet to rest a sore tummy is the way to go (just a couple of spoons at a time of boiled rice and fish or chicken and more a couple of hours later if it stays down) .After a day of no vomiting gradually add the normall food to the rice mix over a number of days.

It is inportant water is availible at all times but to prevent it being gulped down and coming back up it is better to put a small amout down and keep topping it up .

Monty is such a sweetheart, I hope he is better soon.
Thanks Mini! I have a feeling they will give him an anti-sickness injection! Apparently these really hurt don't they?? Surely if he is no longer being sick (although he hasn't eaten anything) they will not do this, I guess I just think vets will always give an injection just to charge u that extra £30! - I am bad and cynical!
Timothy
New Member!
Female 

26-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Just a thought has he been wormed? also you can buy arrowroot powder from a chemist or supermarket when my little dog had an upset tummy I used to put a small amount of that in their drinking water it did the trick and it also stops the runs try him with a beaten egg without milk scramble it for him he may eat that or a little minced chicken with boiled rice best of luck with you little friend
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 01:30 PM
I would give him only cooled boiled water for a few days & dissolve some glucose(sugar if you don't have any glucose in)& a pinch of salt(literally)

This will keep him better hydrated than just water.

You can get Arrowroot biscuits at most supermarkets, I always have some in.

I'm sure it will be nothing, it could be as simple as the change of water or a minor tummy upset. Dogs are very good vomiting up excess stomach acid & bile.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Hope the vets appt goes well. Glad Monty is picking up a bit.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >