View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 02:03 PM

Babysitting with pay for more than two hours is illegal???

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...iscretion.html

What do you all think about this?

Of course their are guidelines and standards to looking after children but forcing these two police officers (who were not getting paid) to break their routine is terrible I think!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 02:04 PM
It's all so 'jobsworth', isn't it.....
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Fully.

Their sticking to very strict guidelines which have been set for a very good reason (I have lots of experience of Ofsted having been a Nursery Nurse) but for situations like this there should be a specific appeals process that allows a review based on circumstances.

Also, what ****wit reported them!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 02:31 PM
They are already CRB checked because of their jobs, and I would imagine their homes would pass the Ofsted test - but what tickled me was that they would need to keep paperwork documenting `attainments`. Poor babies! Not out of nappies but already doing SATs.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Haha.

Doesn't send out a very good message to working Mums does it. As if it isn't hard enough!

Bloody Off''icious''Stead!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 03:14 PM
I was listening to this on the radio yesterday.Apparnetly it was because it was a reciprocal arrangement and could well have been different if it was just one doing it for the other! crazy. Years ago people could rely on neighbours and friends for support, all of this will splinter communities.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Good point.

Also, where do you draw the line on ''financial gain''. My friend's elderly neighbour practically brought her little girl up so she could work and pay the bills. L was always very grateful and would return the favour with all sort s of gifts and a small bit of cash when she had it. Is that illegal?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Another ruse for the goverment to make more money.
You have to pay to register as a child minder if friends and neighbours are doing it for a few pounds it will be cash in hand and so the goverment will not get their cut either way.

Its ridiculous in my eyes not many mums leave their Children with people they don't know or trust.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 04:42 PM
I think its awful.. Who if given the choice would leave their child with a childminder they dont know, than with a good friend on a reciprical basis?

I will have broken the law then as used to look after my friends little boy along with my own one day a week whilst she was at work.

They dont want mums sitting on benefits, they want them working, so they would rather pay more money out for partial childcare costs than allow a good friend of the mums to look after the child????

its insane !!
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2009, 04:43 PM
It is ridiculous.

How long will it be before all babies are taken from their parents at birth because the parents can't be trusted!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >